RavX Shock X pump

Gandalf

I got a RavX shock X pump for Christmas, I tried using it on my Fox 32 Float 29 shock but it does not seem to be pumping it up. If I attach the nozzle onto the Shock valve the air just builds up in the pump and doesnt go through to the shock. I used a RockShox pump on the shock and it worked. So my thinking is that the RavX pump doesnt work on the fox shock.

Are the two not compatible with one another?

Or is the fitting(The red piece) on the nozzle not long enough to push down the valve of the shock?

post-42648-0-61831200-1388991233_thumb.jpg

post-42648-0-52241800-1388991246_thumb.jpg

I know my Giant shock pump doubles up as a normal tube pump - so it allows switching between presta and shrader valves, the valve on a fork is normally shrader, so just check that the fitting is the right way round.

This might not help at all.....

Shock pump is a shock pump should work on any and all air forks and rear shocks...

Some of the valves need to be screwed in far onto the thread... best rule of thumb is tighten till you get a air reading, then another quarter or half turn creates a secure flow.Sometimes if i dont fit mine correctly ..it will look like its pumping in 50 psi incraments and air going nowhere.

This might not help at all.....

Shock pump is a shock pump should work on any and all air forks and rear shocks...

Some of the valves need to be screwed in far onto the thread... best rule of thumb is tighten till you get a air reading, then another quarter or half turn creates a secure flow.Sometimes if i dont fit mine correctly ..it will look like its pumping in 50 psi incraments and air going nowhere.

That is what is happening, and it is screwed on as tight as possible, maybe thats still not tight enough

That is what is happening, and it is screwed on as tight as possible, maybe thats still not tight enough

Sometimes those new o-rings inside need wearing in(softening).. seen as you have 2 put like 50-100psi in with the rockshox pump.. then put the ravx on till you get a reading,then another quarter turn :thumbup:

Ah ok, so I quickly went to check it out again to see if i could tighten or see if the o-ring is soft enough. when i screw on the valve and tighten it, it was picking up a reading but still incramenting at high numbers when pumping and not actually pumping the shock. I untightened the valve just slightly and then it worked like it should. so the problem was that it was too tight actually, its strange. Cool thanks for the help ou