Fox Float Fork 2014

nolipoli

My Giant Trance came with a 2014 Fox 32 Float fork with 140mm of travel.

On looking at the website I see that there is a 150mm version also available.

Does this mean that I can just remove a spacer and get the extra 10mm of travel?

Does this mean that I can just remove a spacer and get the extra 10mm of travel?

I would imagine so, although I'd PM Droo first just to be sure. Just googled the subkect and some sites report that FOX insert travel specific cartridges in some of their FLOAT and F series forks, so that you are restricted ito adjustment. IE: can reduce but not increase travel.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

I'd have to strip the fork to be sure, and since you're in JHB that'll be quite difficult for me to do.

Otherwise send me the serial number (stamped on the bottom of the steerer tube) and I'll see if I can check with the agent if it's possible.

I think I have the same bike as you (trance 2?). What I've noticed is that the stanchions on my fork are actually 150mm long, but it only gets 140mm travel when deflated. I'm temped to strip it and see if they didn't perhaps just shove some kind of stopper in there to limit it to 140mm. Perhaps they did it cos else there wouldn't be a big enough difference between the regular trance and the sx versions that come with 160mm on the front.

Do you stanchions measure the same?

I haven't checked. But I would have hoped that it would add travel to the top end rather than the bottom.