2014 Masters Worlds

Guest Omega Man

no i dont mean it like that - im sure that the tracks gonna be rad ... but I just know from experience here that it wont be TOO difficult ...

The guys who came out here said that the track here would not fly in the USA as a Masters track as it had too many big hits on it ... they would have had something far tamer.

So im expecting big berm rollercoaster with some rocks and roots ...

But nothing like what you ride on a proper world cup track ...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

no i dont mean it like that - im sure that the tracks gonna be rad ... but I just know from experience here that it wont be TOO difficult ...

The guys who came out here said that the track here would not fly in the USA as a Masters track as it had too many big hits on it ... they would have had something far tamer.

So im expecting big berm rollercoaster with some rocks and roots ...

But nothing like what you ride on a proper world cup track ...

Ja I'm pretty sure they'll make it "safe" Vince reckons there were no big jumps at Pra Loup when he did Masters. What made the track gnarly was the volume of people riding the track so every time you went down the track it was effectively a blind run cos the track had changed completely since the last time you went down

Hi to you all and a "racy" new year !

When I was in PMB I talked about Hafjell with David Vasquez (of the UCI) and he said it was gonna be on the very same track than the elites in putting aside the most critical sections.

But it could have changed ????

Ja I'm pretty sure they'll make it "safe" Vince reckons there were no big jumps at Pra Loup when he did Masters.

And no big jumps at Cascades ? ^_^

Since there're some chicken lines left every one can go down.

Edited by ED young master

Hey ED

Ok ... I heard differently from David ... and also from some of the Norwegian guys who were out for Elite Worlds ...

BUT i think it would be cool to race the Elite track (with some variations here and there that is).

Must keep an eye out and see what comes up on the web -

Guest Omega Man

Hey ED

Ok ... I heard differently from David ... and also from some of the Norwegian guys who were out for Elite Worlds ...

BUT i think it would be cool to race the Elite track (with some variations here and there that is).

I heard the Masters will be at Lillehammer and elites at Hafjel. But I'm not as in the know as you guys.

Guest Omega Man

I am hoping to go, if no injury, riding XCO 35-39 group.

Keep your eye on this thread. I'm meeting with Chris Nixon this weekend with a view to putting together an all inclusive trip for the guys going to worlds.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Omega Keep us posted. I just might be going.

Sweet. The way we've got it planned at this point is fly from here to Geneva. Spend 5 or so days in Morzine getting used to the Vert. Sleazy Jet flight to Lillehammer * Do worlds. Back to Geneve. Back home.

* Nugget of free info. It will be cheaper for you to fly to a main Euro hub such as Frankfurt and get an el cheapo flight to Lillehammer than trying to book the full flight from here. Like 6-8k cheaper. Yes I've priced tickets.

Disclaimer. I'm not going to Worlds. My interest in this extends as far as having more saffers riding in the Alps so they book with us in 2015.

Edited by Omega Man

I am hoping to go, if no injury, riding XCO 35-39 group.

We race the same cat then. Probably race each other and dont even know it

Sure it can change a lot 'til august !

Then about the track being rad or not ... the weather is gonna be totally different from what you're used down south.

Ok ... Hafjell is in the south of Norway ! :whistling:

Guest Omega Man

Hafjell is only 23kms away from Lillehammer so i suppose when they say Lillehammer they mean Hafjell ?

Weather in Lillehammer ==> http://en.wikipedia....iki/Lillehammer :wacko: :wacko:

The articles that I could find are a tad vague.

This one seems to indicate the Lillehammer will host Masters. I've heard (although I can't for the life of me remember who told me) that Masters will be in Lillehammer and Elites in Hafjell. Others don't seem to differentiate.

http://www.cyclingne...ain-bike-worlds

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Oh! And no one must tell me that illegal trail building is just a bunch of miscreants causing trouble. The Hafjell Bikepark exists because of illegal trail builders. The resort owners got together with the illegal trail builders to legalize their trails and start marketing the resort as a summer bikepark. And now look. They've had a world cup there for the last 2 years to market the bikepark.

And in 2014 WORLD CHAMPS are happening in Hafjell!!!!!

Edited by Omega Man