[Event] Tyger Valley MTB Challenge, Presented By SIDI Online

ASG

It would seem that if you rode with a SAS board you have no result.

The email clearly stated that you need a racetec chip and they announced it about 104 times before the start as well. I saw a lot of people without chips.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure which email you are talking about but this was waht was stated in the OP:

"Riders who enter on-line will be seeded according to the SASeeding system. If you have a permanent SAS board you can ride with that, but you have to collect your seeding and distance stickers as well as race packs at registration.

The timing is done by Spectrum Sport and riders who don’t have permanent boards will be issued with temporary Spectrum Sport timing boards."

Telling me that you have changed timing systems at the start means zip, ah well they have effectively relegated this event to a fun ride!

This is what I received with my seeding email 2 days before registration. Quite clear to me:

Thanks for entering Saturday’s big SIDI Online Tyger Valley Mountain Bike Challenge, presented by Barden Tyres.

You are entered in the 70km and batched in A with a starting time of 7:30

PLEASE NOTE:

The event will be timed by RACETEC, which means riders need to fit their RACETEC timing chips if they want to receive a time.

Yes it is clear if you received the email, if you didn't ....well then it's just another mess fromASG events.

Yes it is clear if you received the email, if you didn't ....well then it's just another mess fromASG events.

Have you looked for the mail in your spam folder? It has happened to me a few times that the seeding email goes to my spam folder.

From my perspective ASG did an awesome job at this event. I am sure they sent the email to your provided address.

Unfortunately I have had not had a good experience with ASG events but that aside, I know of two other people that did not receive that email, ironically both were hoping to improve their seeding by doing this race. Further, when I collected my batch sticker (not sure why I bothered) I saw other people collecting numbers and asked whether I needed a number and I was told no because I already had an SAS board no mention was made of a racetec chip ( as it happens I have one).

But let's look at this from a different perspective the advert for the race clearly indicated that a SAS timing process will be used and to change it at the eleventh hour meant that a lot of riders came unprepared and you now have a set of meaningless results other than a finishing time for those with chips but their positions are false (unless they won the race of course). Those without chips paid for a timed race but did not get it.

But I will agree that the organisation on the day was faultless from what I experienced.

Bruce Reyneke Cycles on Friday. However, it is not my time or position that bothers me but I really felt for my mate who is quite new to this sport. He wanted to get a reasonable seeding for his first Sani and stuck to me like mud throughout the race to get in an improved time, he was absolutely shattered at the end. He is now trawling through his emails trying to see where it all went wrong. I told him not to bother and rather focus on a non ASG event for his seeding.

I amrather intriqued that you have no problem with the fact results have no merit, as by all accounts you did a great time and I would imagine finished near the front and your actual race position is now questionable. This thanks to a late change from the organisers and you are comfortable with that?

Edited by River Rat

CPA........???? (because you paid for a service and PRODUCT)

You might be right I think we have a case!

I am not to bothered with the result as my seeding is already quite accurate. All I am saying is that ASG did all they can to let everyone know about the change. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the organisation at this event or the run up to the event

This is what I enjoyed about the race!! Well organized and fun 70km route...

post-43676-0-67284600-1395599102_thumb.jpg

Edited by DCSA247

I'm slightly confused here.

First of all my chip (RAC89241 - which I have used for more than this race and is registered to my name) only comes up as the chip number in position 6 for the 40k.

But it says that I was 11th ... Maybe someone can shed some light.

I'm slightly confused here.

First of all my chip (RAC89241 - which I have used for more than this race and is registered to my name) only comes up as the chip number in position 6 for the 40k.

But it says that I was 11th ... Maybe someone can shed some light.

wait it's because every time is up twice

Very nice race! Looking forward to doing it in dry conditions, think it will be very smooth, flowing and fast! Very well marked, very nice water points: a good experience.

That was a tough race through the mud. Bike was washed after the race and I had to wash it again when I got home.

I have never used a timing chip before, and I didn't receive an email as I entered the day before the event at Bruce Reyneke and with half an effort reading about timing on the event website I think it was very clear, No chip no time.

This was also announced on the day many times before the start of the race and If I'm not mistaken, you could have bought a timing chip at the race. If you didn't get a time, you only have yourself to blame.