[Event] Tyger Valley MTB Challenge, Presented By SIDI Online

ASG

I did the 70k route for the first time, great organising and well marked route, the river crossing 15 kilos in turned out to be waist deep, very very muddy overall. I impressed with the lube i used, smoove, for a wax based lube it did incredibly well in such wet conditions. The mud really changed the dynamics of the race.

My main gripe was number collection at Bruces, tiny cramped area, they shifted the tables twice while i was there, the ASG events ladies were also complaining. All in all im happy though, had a blast.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else seem to miss 4km of the 40km route? Somehow I missed the piece that went under the highway.

Did anyone maybe pick up a silver Lezyne CO2 drive pump on the route?

I did pick up a CO2 bomb adapter/tyre inflator

• 2 weeks later...

I mailed SASeeding last week and they said they are waiting for the results from the organisers. Why don't they just take it from Racetecs website???

I mailed SASeeding last week and they said they are waiting for the results from the organisers. Why don't they just take it from Racetecs website???

Exactly I mean they are the official timers of the event...

Exactly I mean they are the official timers of the event...

I dont know if SASeeding might need more info, for example ID numbers, or something to link it to their database. The result list on racetec only gives the basic details of each finisher.

Last year they also took 3-4 weeks to load the results from this race

It looks more and more unlikely that this will reflect on our SA seeding index. ASG has also never responded again

It looks more and more unlikely that this will reflect on our SA seeding index. ASG has also never responded again

Ok have spoken to someone at Racetec and this was my question and their response:

ME: SASeeding informed me that they are waiting for the results for above mentioned race form you.

Could you please advise on the status of this soonest.

Racetec: There are currently negotiations regarding whether or not race information from our database will be given to them, however, an agreement has not been reached.

Exactly this was my response: Thank you for your feedback. This will then in essence mean that if a SASeeding is important to you you will not be able to attend any racetec timed events? (if you cannot come to an agreement)

its ridiculous. Racetec was most likely paid to do the timing at the event. What more can they achieve by not providing SASeeding with the results???

Actually ASG should be sorting this out...

Ok have some more feedback after my previous comms:

Racetec: Hi Izak,

You could still participate in our events, it simply means that they would not receive the whole race’s (all the participants) data.

Me: Yes but that means that they won't get my result and therefore it will not count towards SASeeding?

Racetec: That is correct.

That to me means then that I will think twice about entering Racetec timed events. Especially when trying to get a good SASeeding score.

Pity really!!