Scott Spark 940

baie-sukkel

I got one some six months ago. I am on the short side and found the bike intimidating before riding it. Love it. I thank that it can do with some "bling" .

Converting my Spark 950 to a Spark 940 today. Scott send me a 940 frame to replace the broken chainstay on my 950. Apparently the bottom pivot bearing has a bit of lateral movement resulting in the cracks/breaks. Happens to some, doesnt happen to others.

I hope the 940 resolves it.

I got a 920 in December and love it. You could probably still pick up a 2013 920 if you called around between bike shops, cheaper than the 940 which was hit by the crap exchange rate.

I got a 2013 Scott Spark 940 and I must say I love my bike. Like with all other things in life though if you don't look after it, it will give you problems so I regularly wash and service my bike including the suspension. If you going to spend this amount of money on buying a bike you may as well make sure that you look after it. I have done 800km's on mine which included some pretty technical riding and I haven't had any issues so far.

I will admit though that I have done quite a couple of upgrades and the only standard parts left are the frame, front shock and rear suspension. I have changed the seatpost, seat, grips, wheelset and upgraded groupset to full XT.

On the 2014 model I know the DT swiss rear shock was replaced with Fox as well so not sure how that goes but I haven't had any issues with my 2013 DT swiss which got a lot of bad reviews.

And although a lot of hubbers will be in disagreement I love the twinloc lever system that allows you to change/lockout the suspension according to your riding needs.

In my humble opinion you can't go wrong with the Scott. I thoroughly enjoy mine and will not trade it for any other bike.

I would be cautious had a 2013 910 and broke the chain stay 3 times there's too much lateral movement in the lower pivot

• 2 years later...

Converting my Spark 950 to a Spark 940 today. Scott send me a 940 frame to replace the broken chainstay on my 950. Apparently the bottom pivot bearing has a bit of lateral movement resulting in the cracks/breaks. Happens to some, doesnt happen to others.

I hope the 940 resolves it.

hello, my name is johans from colombia. I am new in the group.

in this momemt. l am looking as can i converter my scott 950 at 940. in my country is difficult and the communication between dealer and fabric is very worry.

please help me. through whom you bought the part?

send me the contact.  my mails johanssegovia@Hotmail.com.

thanks