Serengeti Classic Road Race 2014

EggsBox

Rode B ... damn those drags broke me (hands over eyes).. Huge high speed crash at the 30 km mark, right behind me, must be serious injuries!!!! some itchy fingers braking in front without reason. I was riding more or less 20th, damn !!! Crash sounded like a car hitting a wall. Any reports, I didnt have the nerve to stop(BRUTAL) ?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost got taken out by one of the flying bikes in AL, had to do some off roading and managed to avoid the crash. still had to stop. Guy on the ground was clutching his shoulder.

Long chase back with a few guys and one very strong girl riding a Bianchi, If you're a hubber, well done!

We also had a wring turn thanks to some dodgy marshalling at a crossing. Route went straight, he had his flag out as if we were to turn left. Half the group turned before he shouted to turn back.

Damn that chic rides well !!!

I almost got taken out by one of the flying bikes in AL, had to do some off roading and managed to avoid the crash. still had to stop. Guy on the ground was clutching his shoulder.

Long chase back with a few guys and one very strong girl riding a Bianchi, If you're a hubber, well done!

We also had a wring turn thanks to some dodgy marshalling at a crossing. Route went straight, he had his flag out as if we were to turn left. Half the group turned before he shouted to turn back.

I was in the crash and rode with you guys at the back of your group.

Girl on Bianchi was amazing.

All I could do was hang on, arm bleeding and body sore.

Front wheel buckled.

Brakes rubbed even with the wheel release activated.

Still managed to finish with a 3.01.

Seven stitches later, and I will be back next weekend.

Wife not to thrilled, but what can we do.

Edited by Blue Monster

Front wheel buckled.

Jens Voight like!

Well done dude.

Front wheel buckled.

Great Rule#5!

Hi guys

Was a fun ride, got split up from the main BL group after the crash.

I witnessed something weird today and need your advice. Two gentlemen were cycling next to each other and chatting. I was wheel sucking right behind them :-) According to me they were doing nothing wrong and kept as left as they could. A faster group passed us, and as they do, they tucked in left as fast as they could after passing the two guys in front of me. An older gentlemen (I have his race number but don't want to mention it yet) got upset with one of them and pushed his handlebar as if to push him out of the way!! The guy reacted amazingly and did not fall, but I'm sure he thought it was an accident. It definitely was not. Should I report something like this to the race organisers? Did the two guys do something wrong? If someone had to push me like that i would have seen my ass!

Hi guys

I witnessed something weird today and need your advice. Two gentlemen were cycling next to each other and chatting. I was wheel sucking right behind them :-) According to me they were doing nothing wrong and kept as left as they could. A faster group passed us, and as they do, they tucked in left as fast as they could after passing the two guys in front of me. An older gentlemen (I have his race number but don't want to mention it yet) got upset with one of them and pushed his handlebar as if to push him out of the way!! The guy reacted amazingly and did not fall, but I'm sure he thought it was an accident. It definitely was not. Should I report something like this to the race organisers? Did the two guys do something wrong? If someone had to push me like that i would have seen my ass!

Pulling handlebars is just not cricket.

Fine to ride alongside each other. Was not as if thet blocked the road at 2 abreast.

Reporting it will have little to no effect other than personally fweling like you've done something :(

Edited by agteros

Rode B ... damn those drags broke me (hands over eyes).. Huge high speed crash at the 30 km mark, right behind me, must be serious injuries!!!! some itchy fingers braking in front without reason. I was riding more or less 20th, damn !!! Crash sounded like a car hitting a wall. Any reports, I didnt have the nerve to stop(BRUTAL) ?

Rode with you. Remember your kit. Never saw or heard the crash. I was in the front but was told later about it. I suppose I had a good ride but would have like a sub 2:50 but not enough endurance training took its toll from the 70 km mark onwards. Knowing where my fitness was two months ago and where I am now I am happy with the progress.

Rode with you. Remember your kit. Never saw or heard the crash. I was in the front but was told later about it. I suppose I had a good ride but would have like a sub 2:50 but not enough endurance training took its toll from the 70 km mark onwards. Knowing where my fitness was two months ago and where I am now I am happy with the progress.

I battled from the first climb(shoo)... hell fast on downhills,lol... i go out hard downhill hoping to sweep up the hills, but the bunch thinks i'm attacking so they dessert me on the climbs :)

I had lots of help from plenty cool cyclists , huge applause (and thanks)

was in the AL crash, ime fine.. my wheel not.. hope the 2 guys that went to the hospital is oky!!

Bad luck Speedy. Hope the others heal up quickly.

Edited by Clay

Hi guys

Mate, Karma is a mutha and Karma will get him....