Bikejacking in Turfhall road again.

Cippo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pressure should be brought by PPA. It is a 'safe cycling' issue and as an organisation they need to make representation with the various police departments. In fact this should have been highlighted lot earlier as it's getting out of hand now.

Pressure should be brought by PPA. It is a 'safe cycling' issue and as an organisation they need to make representation with the various police departments. In fact this should have been highlighted lot earlier as it's getting out of hand now.

Couldn't agree more, for Abbas being part of club he can put pressure on them. Me my emails fell on deaf ears. Cippo helped me get my request through to the club.

I agree about the PPA ... in theory. Sure, if they can lend support. But really, it's you guys who ride in the area and are directly affected who need to spearhead this, in my opinion. You have more passion about it, but use every resource you can.

A tikhead tried to grab my bike one morning (maybe it was his idea of "fun"), just as I passed under the bridge at the Castle. A whole bunch of about 10 cyclists were gathered at Woodstock Cycleworks, and we all rode back there to give them stern warnings. Did it work? Who knows, but they were alarmed by the strength of numbers, and we felt better about doing something.

On a general philosophical level, I'm wondering about how society now tends to pass problems upwards, or allocate "blame". "The government should do more". Let us all do what we can.

I agree about the PPA ... in theory. Sure, if they can lend support. But really, it's you guys who ride in the area and are directly affected who need to spearhead this, in my opinion. You have more passion about it, but use every resource you can.

On a general philosophical level, I'm wondering about how society now tends to pass problems upwards, or allocate "blame". "The government should do more". Let us all do what we can.

Deffo, make a personal noise, take ownership on the one on one level etc but PPA is one of the major organisations that represent our sport with connections into police and government that individuals and just don't have and can make noise at a much higher level. The constable on the front desk is going to listen well when you go in and make noise but does he really have the authority to push this up onto the agenda of the next steering committee and make it a priority?

• 3 weeks later...