Bikejacking in Turfhall road again.

Cippo

Just got news that a cyclist was attacked and robbed of his bike and cell in Turfhall road yesterday morning. He is apparently a Spartans member. Can anybody confirm the details or shed any more light on this?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoh!

Again.

If I was a bikejacker, it is now prime season with the Aurgust race in a few weeks.

Be safe out there, Riders.

Hi there

Thanks so much for the post.

I,was me...Abbas Harris. It was short colored guy and a women. Approx. 6:40am just before gattis ice cream. Hr walked as if he was crossing the road. I greeted him and as I went passed him, he struck me with a brick or something on the rear of my head.I went flying on the pavement...while laying there, she picked up my cell phone other thongs and saw him pushing the bike into the side road.i had a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the bike was a Scott Addict R3 charcoal with Sram red groupset and zipp303 non dimple wheels, fsa crank, blue tyres...I am in hospital as I have a huge hash on mu hop. Also several bruises and scratches. I heard this is not the 1st time..I had map my ride active when it happened...but the cell is off. I will get my number back again shortly 0827861902. Would appreciate any leads to getting it back and having these thieves convicted. Abbas

yaaara sorry to hear bout that abbas, this is seriously becoming waaaaay to common! :cursing:

tough trying to motivate myself to ride from the house in the morning!

take serious caution when in this area, there are peeps leaking around this time of the morning waiting to opportune. witness a robbery first hand 1 morning on the very same place mentioned above!

this a clear hot spot :thumbdown:

take care on the road fellow cyclist, be very aware of all surrounding activities!

Eish, and with all the "August" riders out training now, things does not look good that there will not be more incidents.

Abbas, hope you recover 100% and that you will not loose your love for cycling. Was a sweet rig you had there (hope it's at least insured)

Edited by Wannabe

Hectic....I have thought of loading a cell phone tracking app ...anybody know of an effective one that will work on a crackberry or samsung..s4

salam brother may allah restore your health back again

I had the same problem at that spot but alhamd my quick thinking pays off

5 guys from both sides of road I just put my hand in back pocket like I am taking out firearm

point my fingers to the one on my left while swearing at him ek skiet jou binne in jou ma se ....... he squad in the road as I keep on pedalling with one as the others approach on my right done the same they couldn't see cause cloves are black very hot spot

r

rather take college and kromboom road bit safer

Sorry to hear Abbas, recover all. Was also in a situation, lucky not hurt, but was able to track and retrieve my bike via a tracking system I installed, very small and hidden away, works very well.

Sorry to hear Abbas, recover all. Was also in a situation, lucky not hurt, but was able to track and retrieve my bike via a tracking system I installed, very small and hidden away, works very well.

Been thinking about something like that, what tracking device did you use?

yeah tell us more, good to hear something works/has worked!

Firstly. . Shees sorry about your ordeal.

2e.. Marra care to give more info on this tracking device.. pretty pls.