The Classics

T-Bob

AG2R on the front now. With Betancur out before the race even started they will be working for Romain Bardet. Bardet was the top Frenchman at the Tour de France last year and is one of the exciting young French riders coming through at the moment.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

!!!!

Next on the menu for the riders is the Côte de La Roche-aux-Faucons. It was removed from last year's race due to road works, but we've got it back and we could see a lot of attacks coming on the climb.

21km remaining from 263km

Bono can almost feel the peloton looming down on him. He's only got 6 seconds advantage and is unlikely to keep that to the top of the Côte de La Roche-aux-Faucons.

Three AG2R riders on the front, the third of which is Bardet. Thomas Voeckler is hanging around near the front, he must be planning something soon.

The Arredondo attack has split things up a little and there is a group of around 20 riders now on the front, but Arredondo hasn't quite given up yet and he digs again.

It is Pozzovivo and Arredondo with a small advantage over the group of favourites with Samuel Sanchez goes off after them.

Sanchez set up Gilbert for his Amstel Gold victory when he drew out the other contenders with his own attack on the Cauberg.