The Classics

T-Bob

I must say I'm impressed with Wiggins. I took him for a bag of hot air in an ugly suit wearing a poorly fitting wig. But to be there in the top ten is a very good ride.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say I'm impressed with Wiggins. I took him for a bag of hot air in an ugly suit wearing a poorly fitting wig. But to be there in the top ten is a very good ride.

Definitely

9th

A few seconds behind, John Degenkolb wins the sprint for second place ahead of Geraint Thomas.

Thought it was Sparticus?

What a race. Classic season has been exceptional this year and nice to see Wiggins put the haters back in the box in PR and Gee still hunting the big one.

I hostly thought Terpstra was gone about 15kms out as he looked to be struggling. Great win by a deserved champion.

TB put his heart and soul into that today despite a sketch run up in the last few weeks, his attack and attempt to stay away was pure classic.

Mooi OPQS

Wonder whether Terpstra was nr 1

Or

scenario B when Boonen's break failed.

Wonder whether Terpstra was nr 1

Or

scenario B when Boonen's break failed.

Think the thouht terpstra would be chased and caught by sky or trek and then boonen could try again maybe.

But good job to him (terpstra)

Sep Vanmarcke (Belkin) finished fourth, with a tired Tom Boonen only tenth, behind Bradley Wiggins (Team Sky) who proved he can race on the pave as well as in the Tour de France.

Think the thouht terpstra would be chased and caught by sky or trek and then boonen could try again maybe.

But good job to him (terpstra)

What a season for Nikki T

Two big wins with this one being the massive one

Tech from today... A lot of cyclocross parts and bikes, tons of Paris Roubaix tubs on show some tyres up to 30mm, lots of skateboard grip tape on bottle holders and low tyre pressures (50 - 70 psi seemed to be std), climbers Di2 changers on the handlebars and sprinters triggers as well.

John D's podium placing brake set up. GVA was running a single as well. Several europcar riders were seen with doubles.

http://cdn.velonews.competitor.com/files/2014/04/129-660x440.jpg

Great win for Terpstra. I think he was working for Boonen, with big T being a Belgian and all. Big T is not quite in top shape, he still rode an awesome race though, and set it up for OPQ. Terpstra helped tow Booned back up to the lead group when Cancellara chased Sagan. Perhaps he also waited for Boonen in Flanders last week.

Best P-R in a while, with the race being decided so close to the line. Looks like Degenkolb would have won if the big group went to the line. He never made a move during the race, his legs were the best in the group.