The Classics

T-Bob

The front group is down to just three riders, incidentally - Riblon, Boem and Van Hecke - but all eyes are on the Voeckler group, which contains a number of potential winners. Voeckler et al are 2:27 down on the trio of leaders and 30 seconds or so up on the bunch.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Voeckler being Voeckler, there is the obligatory grimace for the cameras and a long, pained looked back at his companions in the move, but this is more than a simple exercise in showing off the jersey. He knows this is a very decent move with a favourable blend of teams represented.

The leaders hit the Keutenberg at 1700 metres with 5,5 % avg

Must feel like a mountain at this stage

Stybar in the chasing bunch

He's been relatively quiet after a super start in cyclocross WC this year, beating Nys in a thrilling finalè for the rainbow jersey

The lead group is down to just two riders - Riblon and Van Hecke - as they tackle the Keutenberg, with its stiff 22% gradient. Voeckler, Van Avermaet and company are on the climb too, just 1:58 down on the leaders, with the bunch a further 20 seconds or so back.

Alexandr Kolobnev (Katusha) attacks from the bunch in a bid to bridge to the Voeckler group. This race is proving ever more difficult to control.

As Kolobnev comes across, Voeckler puts in another huge dig on the front of the chase group, and only Van Avermaet can follow initially. Stybar, meanwhile, has been dropped by the Voeckler group.

Paul Martens (Belkin) and Bjorn Leukemans also managed to get across to the Voeckler group with Kolobnev on the Keutenberg, and they are now 1:45 down on Riblon and Van Hecke.