The Classics

T-Bob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joaquim Rodríguez looks to be in a lot of trouble at the moment. He's shaking his head and sitting at the back of the group. He's still suffering from his Amstel Gold crash. His teammate Daniel Moreno is looking to do something today.

As the peloton rider up the Côte de la Haute-Levée there is a small attack off the front, started by Jeremy Roy. It si brought back in and Europcar are now sitting on the front of the peloton.

Pierre Rolland attacks and the peloton is now strung out all over the road. He's not allowed to get away.

A mechanical problem for Jan Bakelants. He's not having a good day, after already crashing earlier on.

79km remaining from 263

Minnaard is caught by the peloton, after being dropped by the breakaway earlier on.

Navardauskas now putting on the pressure at the front. He immediately manages to make a gap and there are a lot of riders scrabbling to get onto his wheel. Nobody is working with him and he's shouting at the riders behind him.

Trouble for Jurgen Van den Boreck, he's off the back of the peloton at the moment. The Belgian has been suffering from knee problems after crashing at Tirreno-Adriatico. He says that he's hoping to gain some morale from this race. However, he could be out of it if he can't catch back on soon.

Four riders down on the deck Costa, David Lopez (Sky), Michal Golas (Omega Pharma-QuickStep) and Torres Agudelo (Colombia) all go down. None of them bouncing back up too quickly.

That was a hectic replay:

Another big crash. One of the AG2R-La Mondiale riders takes a hig-speed tumble all by himself while riding through the cars. He manages to avoid hitting anything else, but it looks like a pretty hefty fall nonetheless.

Costa has been out of luck this week. He punctured at Fleche Wallonne on Wednesday, which prevented him from getting a good result. He's still on the hunt for his first victory this season.

Things seem to have calmed down quite a bit at the front of the group. BMC and Tiknoff-Saxo have taken control and the gap has dropped down to 4:55