The Classics

T-Bob

Stannard is now back in the team cars, he'll surely get back into the peloton without a problem. Songezo Jim is back at the MTN-Qhubeka team car.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enrico Sanz is back getting bottles for the Movistar team. It's a rare thing that the Spanish squad sends a big gun to a Belgian Classic. Alejandro Valverde put in a good showing at Dwars door Vlaanderen in his first foray on the cobbles.

Thor Hushovd (BMC) is chasing back onto the peloton with a teammate. We didn't see what happened, perhaps a puncture. But it is poor

Thor Hushovd (BMC) is chasing back onto the peloton with a teammate. We didn't see what happened, perhaps a puncture.

Luca Paolini (Katusha) is now leading the peloton, upping the speed and lining everyone out.

The riders are diving down to the centre of Ronse. That can only man they will soon begin yet another climb.

Someone holding a banner saying: 'Tornado Tom Frits' means we can only be in Flanders.

Thor Hushovd (BMC) was at the back of the peloton and has quit the race, opting to turn left as the peloton turned right. Perhaps today was just a training ride for Sunday's Gent-Wevelgem.

The speed is rising in the peloton as the next climb approachs. OPQS, Trek, Lotto Belisol and Team Sky are all fighting for position.

Alexey Tsatevich (Katusha) has suffered a mechanical, coming to a complete stop as the race accelerates away.

A rear flat for Greg van Avermaert. That could been a major blow for his chances, even if he gets a wheel from a teammate.

Steel van Hoof (Garmin-Sharp) has also been forced to stop. Van Avermert is back on the peloton but now needs to move up quickly. The race is about to hit the 1km long Rotelenberg climb.