The Classics

T-Bob

Thomas now hits the front as the climb begins to hurt. Gaps are opening in the front group.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's tine for climb 16/17, the Karnemelkbeek. It's 1.5km long and will surely decide the fate of the Cancellara chase group.

Sagan, Terpstra, Thomas and the remains of the break are in the front group. Do they have the power to stay away? The gap is just 15 seconds.

Cancellara has let Devolder go away alone, forcing the other riders in the chase group to go after him and do some of the work.

The long descent is a pursuit match with Trek chasing hard to get Cancellara back into contention.

With Boonen, Cancellara, Stybar and Devolder just behind the attacks by Thomas and Sagan, with the break caught in the middle of it all.

Cancellara is leading the chase behind. The gaps are not huge but this is a huge moment in the race.

Devolder is helping Cancellara but Bonoen is sitting on. He has a teammate in the front group that includes Sagan and Thomas.

24 kms to go

Poor Spartacus held back by a few crashes is being locomotive to a large chasing group - no one is coming to help now

But behind Cancellara refuses to give up hope and digs deep, forcing everyone else fight to get on his wheel.

Degenkolb is stuck in no-mans land but is about to be caught by the Cancellara group.