The Classics

T-Bob

It's also no surprise to see the MTN-Qhubeka team represented in the escape. Jay Thomson is looking to overcome a illness- and injury-plagued 2013 season.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the real race, the five breakaways still have a 6:30 lead. However the racing is about to get very serious with the start of the 15 bergs that will shake up the race.

While the race is deep in the Flemish hills, the crowd at the finish is enjoying a beer, some Belgian frites and the sprinting competition between riders not in action in the E3Harelbeke race.

Oh dear, IAM Cycling puts the brakes on the chasing because of a crash in the peloton. Ian Stannard (Sky) has hit the deck and is in a great deal of pain.

The five leaders only have 4:15 on the peloton, where currently Belkin and Garmin are hammering on the front.

For now Cancellara is staying well protected on the wheels. We can expect him and Boonen to show their hand later in the race.

up front the five breakaways are still working well together but they must know they will soon be swept up.

Sagan has been forced to stop for a bike change. This could be costly but he quickly gets going again.

Yet another crash. This time Maarten Wynants (Belkin) crossed wheels with a teammate and went down hard.

It'is such a beautiful spring day in Belgium - it seems that the world has turned upside down when you compare this lovely day with the icy cold of Spain, where snow fell on the riders in Volta a Catalunya yesterday.