Out front mount for bryton rider 50

Theodore

Hi there

I figured this would be as good a place as any to ask the question...

Would the following mount work for the Bryton Rider 50 cycling computer. Any advice please.

If not I would appreciate some advice on where to get something similar for the Bryton. I know in the picture it shows it mounted above the stem, but I take it you can use it as a out front mount by simply putting it on the other side of the stem, rhat is also to say to flip it?

thanks

post-28145-0-26327400-1391157013_thumb.jpg

post-28145-0-05912100-1391157081_thumb.jpg

http://www.racewared...r-Mount/6277454

alot of guys make out front mounts for the Brytons, but the Rider 50 uses a differnt mount, there arent many of them on the market

Thanks. I would like to avoid ordering from abroad if possible. I you don't mind me asking, how is the rider 50 mount different?

The Bryton mount for the Rider 50 looks like this: http://www.racewared...288_450x600.jpg

I have 3 normal mounts with my Rider 50 that I'm selling. I could sell one separately...

Thanks Jacques but i'm looking for an out front mount specifically. it would be for my wife. she does not like the mount on the handlebar and her stem is too short to mount it to the stem :thumbdown:

There Raceware is the only one that is still on the market as Bryton have stopped making the 50 and the attachment is unique. I'm in the same boat, had a 40 that basically fitted all Garmin out fronts (barfly, aleero, k-edge).

It's pretty pricey to be honest and I'm sure there is a better answer but you kinda need a guy with a bit of maths and a 3d printer to make it work. I'm very keen to find an out front as well.

If it's specifically a 50 and out front, then Raceware is the only way to go. I've done a heap of looking and there is one other group of guys in the US that are doing it. Will try to find the link now.

Thanks Jacques but i'm looking for an out front mount specifically. it would be for my wife. she does not like the mount on the handlebar and her stem is too short to mount it to the stem :thumbdown:

You could always get her a new bike to fit the mount... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

hahaha

Good luck

You could always get her a new bike to fit the mount... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

hahaha

Good luck

We just spent 33k on a bike! and DO'NT TEMPT ME! ^_^

There Raceware is the only one that is still on the market as Bryton have stopped making the 50 and the attachment is unique. I'm in the same boat, had a 40 that basically fitted all Garmin out fronts (barfly, aleero, k-edge).

It's pretty pricey to be honest and I'm sure there is a better answer but you kinda need a guy with a bit of maths and a 3d printer to make it work. I'm very keen to find an out front as well.

If it's specifically a 50 and out front, then Raceware is the only way to go. I've done a heap of looking and there is one other group of guys in the US that are doing it. Will try to find the link now.

thanks for the info! please let me know if you come across something. I will do the same.

At the current cost Racewares' out front is about R660 inc uninsured delivery from the UK and it's not really that good.

I'm sure that we could find some one with a 3d printer that would knock out 3 or 4 mounts for the guys here that need them. Just need someone to draw up the 3d printer file and away we go!

Another optionI thought was to actually make an adaptor that fits in the wider range of garmin / 3/4 twist mounts that are out there. Would be a disk with the std 50 mount on top and the std bryton / garmin connector on the bottom.

• 3 months later...