Is a 135x12mm to 142x12mm conversion possible?

Claudio

Hey all, I'm looking to change frame and want to keep all my current components. The new frame, though, has a rear spacing of 142x12 mm while my current rear hub is 135x12 mm. I was wondering if any of you know of a conversion around that can solve my dilemma?

It's a Nukeproof Generator rear hub 135x12 (converted from QR)

Hey all, I'm looking to change frame and want to keep all my current components. The new frame, though, has a rear spacing of 142x12 mm while my current rear hub is 135x12 mm. I was wondering if any of you know of a conversion around that can solve my dilemma?

It's a Nukeproof Generator rear hub 135x12 (converted from QR)

Contact the guys from dialbikes.co.za , AFAIK they are the agents in SA

Or order this

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/nukeproof-syntace-conversion-kit/rp-prod65471

FYI

The Superstar Components Tesla (NOT EVO) hub has the same freehub mechanism as the Generator and they make it in STEEL, which stops cassette bite.

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=51&products_id=853

Will hopefully fit mine tonight and confirm it

Generally, the end caps on the hubs get changed out. If the 135 axle has a wide enough diameter to accommodate the 12mm thru axle, then you are ok. Otherwise this usually gets swapped out with the end caps as part of the kit. Sometimes the bearings in the hub need to change too.

Generally, the end caps on the hubs get changed out. If the 135 axle has a wide enough diameter to accommodate the 12mm thru axle, then you are ok. Otherwise this usually gets swapped out with the end caps as part of the kit. Sometimes the bearings in the hub need to change too.

just the endcaps change

http://www.chainreac...it/rp-prod65471

I also have that Nukeproof Converter, just in case I decide to get another frame (Morewood Sukuma) one day, havent used it yet though, but at that price (was cheaper) i tought I might as well just have it in my box of spares.

I've heard someone say the Syntace 142 doesn't work on all 142mm frames, only on Syntace, how true this is, I dont know.

I also have that Nukeproof Converter, just in case I decide to get another frame (Morewood Sukuma) one day, havent used it yet though, but at that price (was cheaper) i tought I might as well just have it in my box of spares.

I've heard someone say the Syntace 142 doesn't work on all 142mm frames, only on Syntace, how true this is, I dont know.

I know the thread on the Syntace axle is different, can't comment about the width

• 3 years later...

Hi.. so did the syntace 142 work well or not bro?? I'm currently in ur situation

Archived