Mankele 3 Towers 2014

flat29

25 members have voted

1. 1. Race or Challeng???

• I am the Boss, doing the race
    • I am goining for the Beer challange

Hi guys. What a lekker weekend of proper mountain biking. I learnt a lot of new technical skills and ran out of even more. However been totally nackered after 3 days I managed to leave my Garmin heart rate strap in the men's shower on Sunday. If any of you by any chance found it please pm me will be very grateful.

Someone handed a Garmin Strap in. I have it in my bakkie. mail me mark@mankele.co.za

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a couple for you

Had a couple for you

hly smokes next race ill have a few of those… they look good… 

my experience at three towers

After five long years away for various other commitments it was finally time for me to ride the isuzu three towers race.

in that short period i have missed the race the, event has grown so immensly. Mankele been one of the more famous mountain bike parks i wont go into detail but basically three solid days of racing lay ahead of us around the mountains.

it was fantastic to have every pro rider on the line this year and guys all looked fantastic in there build up for the pioneer. To have such a quality field racing is so inspirational and it really gets the school kids fired up to race seeing there heroes in action. So to have such a quality field was a real honor for mpumulanga 

Naeem from Valencia very generously sponosred both Kevin and myself so we could race the event. With out his backing and help we would not have been able to do it. A huge thanks for that Naeem and Valencia. I am sure many of you racing saw the wonderful hospitality at the valencia gazebo. 

having had a four day stint in hospital recently with the fantastic malaria virus i knew i was in for a real suffer fest. 

Kevin was in fantastic shape and he ripped the bunch to pieces up the first hill where a small mushroom cloud occurred in my head and from there on out it was just survive for me. Thanks to Kev for nursing me for the next three days, it means a lot to me. i could not ask for a better partner. i thoroughly enjoyed the remainder of the tour, and just the perfect way for me to end my season and continue on the road to good health. 

I wish i could report a little more action from the front but sadly the lead group disappeared early daily and i cant give you a report on that end of the racing but im sure the racing was of an absolute top class. congrats to all finishers and trophy winners. 

To Mark and Geoff thanks for putting on such a wonderful show. Naeem, once again thank you my friend for the support with bikes equipment and entry. Having your support made it all possible..

see you all back next year. ill ride the trails in while you gents are all in the big smoke.