Mankele 3 Towers 2014

flat29

25 members have voted

1. 1. Race or Challeng???

• I am the Boss, doing the race
    • I am goining for the Beer challange

I see there is some teensy bit of rain predicted for Friday and cool temps for Saturday.

Should be awesome!!

just sywm

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropped the missus off at Chukky's place this morning, and TBH, I have serious FOMO Blues, depression and general miserableness.

Anyhoo.. someone has to keep the economy ticking.

To all the participants, enjoy and travel safe.

Bloody hell boys! What a race!

Day 1: Team mate was a bit under, but he road out of the depths of Mordor somehow and we managed a reasonable 4:17

Day 2: Both of us felt strong, but I had two sidewall cuts that cost us 20mins in total, finished in 4:09

Day 3: Team mate was simply a beast, we rode as hard as we could and managed a 2:35.

I hope to be back next year, simply amazing, sweet singletrack, brutal climbing!!!

Day 1: Team mate was a bit under, but he road out of the depths of Mordor somehow and we managed a reasonable 4:17

Day 2: Both of us felt strong, but I had two sidewall cuts that cost us 20mins in total, finished in 4:09

Day 3: Team mate was simply a beast, we rode as hard as we could and managed a 2:35.

I hope to be back next year, simply amazing, sweet singletrack, brutal climbing!!!

Go Jonno.

Well ridden Iwan.

You're both friggen machines

Yoh!

Some good times posted.

We also had our fair share of misfortune, but still enjoyed it.

Cant remember the link to get the showme photos? The website isnt exactly user friendly.

Awesome weekend with some awesome people!

Good morning Hubbers.

I rode the Isuzu Three Towers race over the weekend and despite my hours of training and making sure that my bike was in perfect condition before the start of the race, I heard a loud crack 7km into day one of the race.

On closer inspection, I realised that my bike's chainstay had broken just behind my crank. Needless to say, I thought that was the end of my race and that I had driven almost 900km for a very expensive camping weekend.

I then walked to the next water point and was picked up by a gentlemen who took me back to the start point of the race.

Unfortumnately, none of the bike shops in the area had parts in stock to sort out my bike in time for day 2 and 3 and by dinner time, I had accepted that I would be sitting on the sidelines for the rest of the weekend while my partner had a blast out on the trails of Mankele.

Earlier that day, my partner asked Samantha Saunders if she knew somebody who might have an old bike that I could use. During the race briefing, Samantha smse'd my partner and said she might be able to arrange a bike.

The next morning, Samantha arrived with an awesome Giant XTC carbon bike, offered to let me use her own front wheel as the bike did not have one at that stage and 15 minutes before the start, I lined up and completed the last two days of racing without any further incidents.

I want to thank Samantha for taking the time (even though she was probably also tired from racing for the win with Yolandi Du Toit) and for generously lending her own bike parts to a complete stranger just so I could complete the race.

I also want to thank the man who was willing to give up his bike for the weekend and Valancia Cycles for sorting out the "re-build" of the bike.

Your written warning is in the mail.

will take that one....deserved it.

But in my defense, sitting in workshops from 7am-7pm whilst you okes were klapping it was punishment in itself