Rhebokskloof MTB Trail

emme

Hi

Being an average Joe MTB rider and keen to explore any new tracks, I have noticed various references made to a new trail at Rhebokskloof wine estate in northern Paarl.

The only official information I can pick up on this new? route is on www.mtb-adventures.co.za trails link.

Does anyone know where I can find out more about this route? :drool:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this stage it's not actually opened yet. So I don't know what the feeling is about just going in there for a ride.

But was there on a pre-ride a while ago and it's really nice, even though they were still working at it at that stage. Accessible from Rhebokskloof itself and from the top of the mountain via Google Ridge. You get some awesome alternative views of our valley.

Will personally wait for another invite to ride or until it's officially opened. But once it's a go, I will drop in there quite often - it's close to home!

At this stage it's not actually opened yet. So I don't know what the feeling is about just going in there for a ride.

But was there on a pre-ride a while ago and it's really nice, even though they were still working at it at that stage. Accessible from Rhebokskloof itself and from the top of the mountain via Google Ridge. You get some awesome alternative views of our valley.

Will personally wait for another invite to ride or until it's officially opened. But once it's a go, I will drop in there quite often - it's close to home!

Thx for info SeaBee!

From www.mtb-adventures.co.za trails link to Rhebokskloof it seems as if the right people to contact for info would be the Paarl MTB club.I see they even have some gopro footage of riders on the route.Some great photos as well and will contact them.

Hi there,

The route will officially be opened to the public on Friday, 21 February!

Route marking is done and a map is available for download.

Daily permit fee is R30. There will be also be a year permit available, but more on that coming soon.

You can stay posted with the latest updates on the facebook page for RhebokskloofMTB here: https://www.facebook.com/RhebokskloofMTB

Final sections of the initial route will be completed 14 Feb.

Apart from the initial climb, the track is fast and free flowing. Compared to other trails its definitely a smoother ride with hardly any rough, rocky sections to contend with. I would recommend any mountain biker to ride this route.... noobs will only get psyched to get fitter and enjoy the trail more.

Stellar riding here!

post-51082-0-48477400-1392202582_thumb.jpg

Hi there,

Daily permit fee is R30. There will be also be a year permit available, but more on that coming soon.

You can stay posted with the latest updates on the facebook page for RhebokskloofMTB here: https://www.facebook...RhebokskloofMTB

Apart from the initial climb, the track is fast and free flowing. Compared to other trails its definitely a smoother ride with hardly any rough, rocky sections to contend with. I would recommend any mountain biker to ride this route.... noobs will only get psyched to get fitter and enjoy the trail more.

Stellar riding here!

Cant wait man. Stay just around the corner.

Cant wait man. Stay just around the corner.

you guys are so lucky!! I'd go for the annual membership!! will be worth it...

you guys are so lucky!! I'd go for the annual membership!! will be worth it...

We are very fortunate. I will go for the annual membership if its not too pricey.

We are very fortunate. I will go for the annual membership if its not too pricey.

R200 for non PaarlMTB members ... :thumbup:

Hi there,

You can stay posted with the latest updates on the facebook page for RhebokskloofMTB here: https://www.facebook...RhebokskloofMTB

Stellar riding here!

Thanks for info Louis!I knew something was going on but could not find any updated info. :clap:

From what I see from the map the total distance is 13 km,with the option to link up with the Paarl reserve.Of the 13 km, 9km or so seems to be single track and it looks as if the long(Shiraz)route links up with the shorter(Chardonnay)route just after 8 km.Chardonnay 7km route could be nice XCO track if the photos of the route is anything to go by.

Will ride the track on 22/2 and report back..

I was invited on a trial ride of this new trail and thoroughly enjoyed it. The initial climb is 'stiff' but once you're up there the singletrack and views make you forget the pain. It flows well, has a few interesting features, tree cover every now and then (nice when you ride the Tygerberg Hills a lot) and the odd technical corner, but nothing really serious;- I could take my wife there and remain married after the ride :clap:. Those wanting more distance must just do 2 loops, anyway this is one trail you must ride a few times to get to know the best lines and what to expect, it will reward you for doing that. I will be back with my mates. Emme you can be proud of what you have achieved :thumbup:

R200 for non PaarlMTB members ... :thumbup:

??? How will it work for members - or will those detail be on the PMTB site soon? Nice surprise!

Archived