Sasol Cross adventure race series

Face Plant

Awesome event yesterday. It was my first and I was a bit dissapointed when I heard it was a duathlon and not tri, but seeing the river I can understand why. Not a very keen runner...

Seriously muddy though and took me a while to clean the bike afterwards.

There was a couple of slippery areas rather close the the water's edge! Muddy I mean, not the cow problem :D

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How was that mud yesterday......

And seriously, do all the cows congregate in that one position near the river and have a communal crap, or was it just one cow with a large stomach.....

And how many of you caught yourself thinking when we heard the shots at the shooting range, was that a gun, or was it a cricket bat on a door. I know I did :whistling:

hahaha so between the cow paddies and the gunshots did you atleast enjoy the race Andymann?

Awesome event yesterday. It was my first and I was a bit dissapointed when I heard it was a duathlon and not tri, but seeing the river I can understand why. Not a very keen runner...

Seriously muddy though and took me a while to clean the bike afterwards.

There was a couple of slippery areas rather close the the water's edge! Muddy I mean, not the cow problem :D

Glad you enjoyed it Thinus!!

hahaha so between the cow paddies and the gunshots did you atleast enjoy the race Andymann?

Yes it was great - It's always going to be difficult trying to get that specific route in that area looking attractive and the rain in the last few weeks didn't help but under the circumstances well done! Those comfy chairs at the end were a real winner!

Unfortunately I won't be doing the last one which I remember from last year is the best of the bunch - it's the same weekend as the Cradle Mountain Trophy which I've opted to do this year as something different.

Do you think there will ever be the option of increasing the series to more than 3 events?

Andy

as you say, it is an ongoing challenge to keep the area looking good with all the people/companies just dumping their crap where ever they want, we try to avoid most of it but with all the rain we where really limited to where we could go. I am really glad you had a good time! unfortunately at this stage there is no talk of adding more events, so all we can do is to keep improving on the ones we have :thumbup:

It was my first as well ....but I really enjoyed it even tho me and a bunch of riders missed the marshals and signs somewhere and had to do an extra 7km but it was still worth it. Will they send you the results (times) via email or is there a site or link I can check out ? Looking forward to the last event definitely doing it

That was a lekker event. Pity about the swim, but hey, thats life. Came off the bike, rolled down the hill and almost went for a swim in the river anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey Face Plant, 

Are there going to be any triathlons this year?

I was wondering the same thing over the weekend.

Archived