Best coffee shop along the spruit?

kevin Walter

jeeepers you spruit riders are starting to sound like roadies...coffee stops..... pffffft what next?

I think us kzn'ers need to come teach you okes a lesson :whistling:

The spruit has some hills. Kzn guys will never survive it. :-)

Not really a coffee shop, more a coffee machine shop but they do serve coffee and their barista knows what he is doing.... Tazza doro at the bridge in parkhurst - 4 or 5 houses down from the solly kramers - alternately the Whippet in Linden - not far from the top corner of Delta park.

And if you pedal up to Dunkeld from fratellis, there is Motherland

Vida always good :)

Agree about Whippet, just around the corner of linden - great for breakfast too

also quite like the mugg & bean at the centre where the virgin active is (barry hertzog)

will go check Tazza doro and motherland out when I'm there next - thx V12man!

jeeepers you spruit riders are starting to sound like roadies...coffee stops..... pffffft what next?

no better reason to ride :D

Hi all

I'm going to hit the spruit tomorrow morning with a buddy was hoping somebody could suggest which is the best stop along the route for cuppa!

Thanks

Kevin

Edit: We riding from sunninghill through to botanical gardens.

Around the corner from Vida is a place called The Odd Cafe. Has really good food, nice coffee and is never busy. Must have the Leaning Tower of Odd. french toast with a difference.

While on Spruit matters, just a heads up on the movement of a tree (who would have guessed)!

If you come along the top tree line at Emmerentia - by Marks Park, take a short left at the end. The tree as you come around the corner (always was a bit of a dodgy tree) has moved and is leaning severely. It is unlikely that you will make it through between the stump and the tree without a dismount. A route has been opened to the right of the stump but just take care!

There is a GREAT coffee shop at Riverside Mall in Bryanston Drive. I can't remember its name but I call it Gorbachev's. Great coffee, good food, well managed. A bit pricey, but hey, their cappuccino is sublime.

Opposite Bryanston Drive entrance.