Garmin - Disappointed

djsam

may I ask where you got the battery? I'll give it a shot.... worst case scenario I'll take it back to Garmin and get a refurbished unit ..

+1 - Seems my battery has also started to go on the blink. I've had my 500 for over two years now and over the past week the battery does not seem to be holding it's charge. I charged it at work yesterday, just checked now and the battery is down to 30%. The ride from work is 12mins.

Has anyone beside Hannes from Extreme done the battery change themselves?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a forerunner 910 and I'm fairly sure they have to reseal the unit (vacuum I think) after replacing the battery to help prevent moisture getting in.

I am not sure if it is the same thing for the 500 but at R1300 I'd probably be doing it myself.

polar had the same problems a while ago by having to send your unit in for battery replacements.Now all Polar retailers sell battery packs for all the units and accessories with new covers and seals.Made a huge difference IMO.I think German is losing the plot here.

Not surprised, I hate that you have to plug your Edge 500 into your PC every time to upload activity - it gets a small charge or charging from 95% to 100% every time. Can't be good for the battery. Wish there was an option to connect to non-charging USB port.

Edited by SiriS

polar had the same problems a while ago by having to send your unit in for battery replacements.Now all Polar retailers sell battery packs for all the units and accessories with new covers and seals.Made a huge difference IMO.I think German is losing the plot here.

Which German would that be?

I think all these companies that make these sealed units are taking the piss, from gps units to lights, all over charge for basic simple things. :cursing: