Oak Valley Event for Vissie - Sunday 16 March 2014

Hairy

Copy and Paste from Williams email ....

Hey everyone

This one is very close to my heart.

For everyone who has had the privilege of riding the trails out at Oak Valley, it is PAYBACK TIME!

Pieter Visser, known to most of us as Vissie has Cancer. I am part of a group of local Somerset West riders that decided we needed to join together and illustrate our mtb community spirit by organising a fundraiser to assist with Vissie’s upcoming medical expenses. As good as some medical aids are, Cancer is very expensive. We need to show our appreciation of just how much Vissie has put into local mountain biking and this is your opportunity to show those true colours.

We shall be asking for a R50.00 donation at the gate to Oak Valley. Normal entrance fee has been very kindly waivered by the farm for this event. You will receive a pink sticker for your donation. Proceed through the entrance and park near the rugby field – as you would do for the Dirtopia 24hr race and the Apple Blossom race.

The full ride on the black route will start at 08h30 right after I have said a few words. The more family oriented ride on the green route will set off at 09h15. If you miss those starts do not worry, form your own group and set off on an Oak Valley trail of your choice.

Please guys, let’s make this as big as possible, so please forward this to all your cycling friends and family and pitch up on Sunday 16th March in a show of unity and appreciation for all that Vissie has done for us.

Details:

Event: Ride for Vissie Fund Raiser

Date; 16 March 2014

Meet Time: 08h00

1st Ride 08h30 (Black route)

2nd Ride: 09h15 (more family oriented green route)

Donation at the gate: R50.00

Please use all platforms of social media to get this one out to as many mountain bikers as possible. Let us see how appreciative we really are.

Thank you

William

Shop 8B Oak Street

Somerset West 7130

South Africa

Tel: +27 21 8510919

Fax: +27 21 8510922

Email: william@williamsbikeshop.co.za

Web: www.williamsbikeshop.co.za

Fantastic!!

@Hairy - you've beat me to the post... :blush:

I, for one will be there! I do not know Vissie in a personal capacity, but have always marvelled at his passion for MTB...he's started trails there in the 90's already.

C'mon folk ...let's forget about all the ugly media hype surrounfding our sport of cycling and LETS GET BACK TO BASICS!! I.e. go and enjoy our riding and show our appreciation for a fellow MTB enthusiast!!

See you at Oak Valley on the 16th...

By the way - if there are up country folk that wish to perhaps make a donation...I'll find out about banking details...just let me know.

Just a B U M P

guys please do not forget about this one...try and make it if you can!!

will be a great gesture + cool riding at OAK Valley!! :thumbup:

Is it just a matter of rocking up, paying and then riding? Would be really keen to support & ride.

yip, basically...there will be a bit more of an organised event...a couple of words beforehand..

CAfe Pronto on site for your coffee needs.

then ride & enjoy with your / my mates...there will be a couple of set times to go on the rail...but basically you can do as you wish...it will be ongoing till 14:00

yip, basically...there will be a bit more of an organised event...a couple of words beforehand..

CAfe Pronto on site for your coffee needs.

then ride & enjoy with your / my mates...there will be a couple of set times to go on the rail...but basically you can do as you wish...it will be ongoing till 14:00

Thanks, see you Sunday then :thumbup:

Hi All if there any of you that cant make it but would still like to donate se e mail below

Hi Jacques:

For those looking for the banking details, they are as follows: PS Visser (Medical)

Standard Bank

Grabouw

Puresave Account

Account no: 185 366 775

Branch Code: 050 212

HUGE thanks once again :)

• 1 month later...

Vissie passed away sometime last night / this morning. Thanks to all that supported Elzaan and Lissie through this unimaginable time.

RIP Vissie. Your legacy will remain with us for a very long time.