Hakahana Enduro

HAKAHANA TRAILS

Went well, the place has loads of potential! We will be having a build weekend or two in the (very) near future to polish up on one or two trails and cut a few more!

The attendance on Saturday just goes to show how eager the JHB guys are for an enduro venue, with only a day or two's notice we had a handful of guys come out to join us. Assuming that most of the enduro/DH riders went down to KZN for the DH racing this was an excellent turn out!

I am not sure which of the trails you pointed out to Johan, not that I would be able to point them out on a map either. I'm sure SLiiick would be more helpful with that.

The attendance at such short notice was remarkable. Shows the need and passion.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We going to have to massage the Horse Guy a bit... He was a bit grumpy, not so much about the offloading but more concerned about the vehicle use of the road that he has spent the last weeks repairing. I said we could contribute to 'road fund' if, and when we use it intensely. We need him./

From what I can tell we did the pink,red and the longer one of the two greens.

I am pretty sure we did have a few variations from whats you have marked out in the pic.

Pink is not there yet. Did Red, Long-green and a hybrid between that linked to bottom of green.

We going to have to massage the Horse Guy a bit... He was a bit grumpy, not so much about the offloading but more concerned about the vehicle use of the road that he has spent the last weeks repairing. I said we could contribute to 'road fund' if, and when we use it intensely. We need him./

If he has a big black male horse we could send Goose1111 over and he will be more than happy to massage the horse and his guy. :thumbup: :whistling:

Failing that we could get him a bottle of something when we head out for the build weekend as a token of our appreciation.

More than just a hand-full.... (Caption for pic) -

but sounds more like what Goose1111 will be in for!!.

It's fine... he's used to wringing the neck of the Ibis.

Enduro in Gauteng..... that's what I want to hear!! keen to join a ride trail build sometime...

;)

Hey guys, this sound great!

I'm originally from Europe, and I'm really missing the technical trails. Did mainly enduro and free riding there.

So I will be definitely in for an endure event.

If you do another trail scouting I try to be in as well.

If he has a big black male horse we could send Goose1111 over and he will be more than happy to massage the horse and his guy. :thumbup: :whistling:

Failing that we could get him a bottle of something when we head out for the build weekend as a token of our appreciation.

More than just a hand-full.... (Caption for pic) -

but sounds more like what Goose1111 will be in for!!.

It's fine... he's used to wringing the neck of the Ibis.

Hahaha! I missed this somehow.

That "incident" with the horse was a one time thing... gonna have to get hima bottle :whistling:

Hey guys, this sound great!

I'm originally from Europe, and I'm really missing the technical trails. Did mainly enduro and free riding there.

So I will be definitely in for an endure event.

If you do another trail scouting I try to be in as well.

Excellent, keep an eye on the thread.

• 5 weeks later...

Afternoon guys,

is anyone still riding at Hakahana this weekend, I keen to see whats happening there...

Afternoon guys,

is anyone still riding at Hakahana this weekend, I keen to see whats happening there...

I've heard nothing.

I've heard nothing.

We rode there last weekend :thumbup:

Shall we set up a group ride for the 17th of May? Looks like that's the first weekend I'll be home for :whistling:

Archived