• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooting for AC all the way!

Froome Dawg struggling with back problems

Hope it doesn't affect his defense of the Golden Fleece

Rooting for AC all the way!

I do look forward to his attacks this year

Hope he finds the form that can bring a real shake-up in the peloton.

Nibs took 2012 and 2013 top spot, BTW

Froome Dawg struggling with back problems

Hope it doesn't affect his defense of the Golden Fleece

Its part of the sport it seems, if you dont use clenbuterol or epo you get an injury or a ban.

But on a more serious note, I think this race will give us a good indication of who will perform in the grand tours this year.

Hoping for:

Contador

Porte

Nibs

Uran

TTT almost done.

Current standings

1 Orica-GreenEdge 20:24

2 Cannondale 20:39

3 Sky 20:40

4 Trek Factory Racing 20:49

5 BMC 21:00

The pre-stage favourites Omega Pharma-QuickStep have begun their time trial, the penultimate team to start. Led by world time trial champion Tony Martin, the Belgian squad also includes Rigoerto Uran, the in-form Michal Kwiatkowski and men with a decent team time trialling pedigree in Mark Cavendish, Alessandro Petacchi and Mark Renshaw.

Tinkoff-Saxo, meanwhile, have scorched the 11.3km check point with the second best time to date, just 3 seconds down on GreenEdge. The NetApp-Endura team of Sam Bennett meanwhile, reaches the finish line with the 9th best time thus far.

Andre Greipel's Lotto-Belisol roll down the start ramp, the final team to set out.

A decent day's work for Alberto Contador, who gains three seconds on Richie Porte. His Tinkoff-Saxo team records the second-best time of the afternoon - their 20:37 puts them 13 seconds down on Orica-GreenEdge at the finish, which means they faded slightly over the final seven kilometres or so.

Team Katusha tried to limit their losses, but it's been a disappointing afternoon for Joaquim Rodiguez's men. They reach the finish in 14th place, some 55 seconds down on GreenEdge.

It will be interesting to see how Movistar fare over the closing kilometres. Powered by Alex Dowsett and Adriano Malori, the Spanish squad was only a second down on GreenEdge at the intermediate time check.

The Belkin team of Bauke Mollema and Robert Gesink hit the line with the sixth best time. The Dutchmen will be glad to have limited their losses to Porte and Contador.

Omega Pharma-QuickStep have the best time at the 11.3km mark - their 12:27 is eight seconds quicker than the previous best set by Orica-GreenEdge.

Movistar dropped a little time to GreenEdge over the closing kilometres, but not much - the Spanish squad hit the line with the second best time, 7 seconds down on GreenEdge. Nairo Quintana is set to gain time on almost all of his overall rivals this afternoon.

1 Orica-GreenEdge 20:24

2 Movistar 20:31

3 Tinkoff-Saxo 20:37

4 Cannondale 20:39

5 Sky 20:40

6 Trek Factory Racing 20:49

FDJ.fr cross the line with the 8th best time, 32 seconds down on GreenEdge. There are just two teams still to finish - Omega Pharma-QuickStep and Lotto-Belisol.