27.5 or 29

CHRISTIAAN101

I have a great carbon 650B HT and a carbon 29er HT. Also building a Cotic Solaris 29er (nice frame).

I'm 1.69m (short) and love the 29ers...go figure! The only time I've moved back to the 650B is when the trail got VERY tight and twisty. The 29er feels faster (could be perception) and the 650B feels more agile on a tight track.

I like the idea of a fast 29er and a more playful dual suspension 650B...

Jou suster se jy het nie nou n nuwe fiets nodig nie!

Edited by Polo

Da Vinci is asking a key question, and makes me wonder why bike shops dont offer test rides the same way car stores offer test drives. I know it's a mission to keep a full bike as a test rig, because you can't set it up to fit all sizes, but something is better than nothing. keep a short a and medium size stem handy. flat pedals..

anyone that owns an LBS want to weigh in?

Da Vinci is asking a key question, and makes me wonder why bike shops dont offer test rides the same way car stores offer test drives. I know it's a mission to keep a full bike as a test rig, because you can't set it up to fit all sizes, but something is better than nothing. keep a short a and medium size stem handy. flat pedals..

anyone that owns an LBS want to weigh in?

I think Specialized has gone the right way about it - it's the Brand doing the offering not the LBS self. Having said that my Neighbour has being a Giant fan for years and had a very good relationship with the suppliers and even they couldn't get him a test bike. So the owner of our LBS ( A Spez dealer) gave him a bike off the floor to put thru its paces - At full risk to himself and the neighbor bought the bike because he had a bike he could try, on trails he knew and got a full feel for the product.

If I listen to the blurb around the wheel sizes it could be that upgrading to 650b is where to go for me BUT as I don't know of anywhere that will allow me to try a small 650b on trails I know I stick with my 26er or hope the Rumour will work for me!