Entry date set for new-look Berg & Bush

News bot

Mountain bikers who sign up on April 1 for this year’s FedGroup Berg & Bush can look forward to some radical route changes, organisers have announced. The eighth edition of the popular stage race takes place near Winterton in the Central Drakensberg in October.

Click here to view the article

I have saved the date for entry long ago.. will not miss this event. Had a blast last yr.

Is the start still up at Sterkfontein Dam ? because the new registration is in Winterton then you need to schlep back up to the dam early morning to the start.

Is the start still up at Sterkfontein Dam ? because the new registration is in Winterton then you need to schlep back up to the dam early morning to the start.

You should be receiving a newsletter, I got mine this morning.. but I only paid attention to the 2day event stuff :whistling:

lemme check

We hope you have enjoyed a great summer and enjoyed riding your bike. Ons hoop julle het ‘n lekker somer gehad en sommer baie fiets gery.

1. Entries/ Inskrywings
  2. 2014 Charity/2014 Liefdadigheid
  3. New route and registration changes for 3 day events/ Nuwe roetes en registrasie veranderings vir die 3 dag wedrenne
  4. Dates and races/ Datums en wedrenne
  5. FaceBook and Twitter/ Facebook en Twitter
  6. Win a free FedGroup entry!/Wen ‘n gratis FedGroup inskrywing!

Entries/
Inskrywings
:
We have delayed opening our entries for as long as possible but now need to start preparing for what we hope will be our best and most exciting event ever. We will be opening entries on the 1st of April at 10:00. Previous riders from 2013 will be guaranteed entries if they enter and pay before 4
th
April 2014.
Ons het die opening van inskrywings vir so lank as moontlik uitgestel, maar moet nou begin met die voorbereiding van wat ons glo ons beste en mees opwindende wedren nóg gaan wees.
Inskrywings sal op die 1ste April 2014 om 10:00 oop maak. Vorige deelnemers sal ‘n plek gewaarborg word as hulle op die 4de April inskryf en betaal.

Charity
/Liefdadigheid
: We will be purchasing books for 3 local rural libraries this year. Some do not own a single book. Please feel free to add to your cart when completing your entry.
Hierdie jaar wil ons graag boeke koop vir 3 van ons plaaslike skole. Sommige van hulle besit nie eers een boek nie. Voel asseblief vry om ‘n donasie te maak wanneer julle jul inskrywings aanlyn voltooi.

Registration changes and new routes:
Registrasie veranderinge en nuwe roetes
:

Please note registration will be at
Winterton
Country Club this year for cyclists doing the Descent and Great Trek. We feel that this will be more convenient for cyclists coming from both Durban and Gauteng, so please take note of this when booking your first night’s accommodation. 2 Day Original cyclists will still register at
Emseni
as before. Radical changes have been planned for Day 1 of the 3 day events. New farms and single tracks have been discovered to bring cyclists from the
Drakensberg
down to
Emseni
Neem asseblief kennis dat registrasie vir die “Descent en Great Trek” die jaar in Winterton by die Country Club sal plaasvind. Ons voel dat dit meer gepas sal wees vir deelnemers vanaf Durban en Gauteng, so neem asseblief kennis hiervan wanneer julle jul akkommodasie vir die eerste aand bespreek. Daar word radikale veranderings beplan vir dag 1 vir die 3-dag wedrenne. Nuwe plase en enkelspoor is ondek vir die roete vanaf die Drakensberg to by Emseni.

Dates and Races/
Datums en wedrenne:

FedGroup
Berg and Bush Descent: 10-12 October 2014

This is the ultimate challenge. In the past this event has been voted South Africa’s best. Radical new route changes have been made to day 1 with new farms with great, new and exciting single track. We are also looking at improvements to Solly’s Folly to make it more rideable and fun. This will be the race for the men’s and mixed categories with prize money.
There are medals only for the ladies prize winners in this race.
FedGroup Berg and Bush “Descent”: 10-12 Oktober 2014
Die “Descent” is ‘n uiterse uitdaging. In die verlede is dié wedren as Suid Afrika se beste aangewys. Radikale roete veranderings is gemaak aan dag 1, met nuwe plase en nuwe enkelspoor roetes wat beloof om groot opgewondenheid te wek! Ons is ook besig met verbeteringe aan “Solly’s Folly” om dit meer toegankilk, maar steeds opwindend te maak. Die “Descent” word beskou as die wedren vir die mans-en gemengde kategorieë, en prysgeld word aan die wenners gegee. Wenners van die Dames kategorie sal slegs medaljes onvang.

Fedgroup Berg and Bush Great Trek: 14-16 October 2014

This 3 day event has a few unique elements. We take solo entries and each cyclist gets his/her own tent. It follows the same route as the Descent on Day 1 cycling down from the Drakensberg.
This year prize money will be awarded to the ladies categories only in this event. Men's and Mixed winners will receive medals.
Fedgroup Berg and Bush Great Trek: 14-16 Oktober 2014
Dié 3 dag wedren het ‘n paar unieke elemente. Ons aanvaar enkel-inskrywings en elke deelnemer kry hulle eie tent. Tydens Dag 1, met die afkoms, van die Drakensberg af, volg dit dieselfde roete as die “Descent” se Dag 1. Dié jaar sal daar prysgeld gegee word aan die dames kategorie wenners van die wedren

FedGroup
Berg and Bush 2 Day: 18-19 October 2014.

This is a great social event with a more relaxed emphasis on riding. It caters for families who follow their riders. It's also the ideal race for “first stage race” riders.
FedGroup Berg and Bush 2 Dag: 18-19 Oktober 2014
Die 2 dag is ‘n lekker sosiale wedren met ‘n meer ontspanne atmosfeer. Ons verwelkom graag familie lede en ondersteuners van die deelnemers. Dit is ook die ideale wedren vir iemand wat nog nooit ‘n “stage race” gedoen het nie.

To keep up to date and to hear about all our competitions please follow us on
and Twitter
. Om op hoogte te bly, en te hoor van al ons kompetiesies, volg ons op
en Twitter

Win an entry!
/Wen ‘n inskrywing!

FedGroup
has offered a free entry to the race of your choice if you tick the “I would like to hear from the sponsors” on the entry form. This applies to paid entries only.
FedGroup gee ‘n gratis inskrywing weg vir die wedren van jou keuse! Al wat jou te doen staan is om “I would like to hear from the sponsors” op jou inskrywings form aan te dui. Dit is slegs van toepassing as jy klaar vir jou inskrywing betaal het.

For any enquiries please don't hesitate to e-mail
Marinda
on
Vir enige
verdere inligting
e-pos gerus Marinda by

Well i'm not doing it this year, we decided on Sani2C instead. But this is one of the best events I've done.

As a recommendation. Use Sterkfontein Dam chalets to stay in the night before the start. Super cheap, very clean and only 14km from the start

Entered the 2day one again.

Same-same......registered, confirmed and paid.......looking forward to it!

Just entered for the three day. Looking forward to this one!!

Also entered for the 3 day, the Descent. Will be my first stage race, looking forward to it!!

Awesome event.... Got lucky enough to "score" an entry to the Trek last year and it was absolutely bloody fantastic. If you are still thinking about whether or not you should be doing it just get on with it already

Edited by TYGA

• 2 months later...

Hi there, anyone got a sub entry. Mail me at boogle200@gmail.com .My partner and I will take up the entry for the 10-12 October Descent

Sorted - got an entry.

Edited by Flyer007