Who's making money out of Cyclists

Broker

Not sure why SAA have a media liasion official' date=' as she has refused to comment on this decision. [/quote']

The CEO's daughter's friend's cousin was looking for a little extra income...

I raised this issue about 2 weeks ago - had my rant and rave and then got over it. I then booked with a road courier at R525. Only R125 more than SAA were charging and I dont have to dismantle my bike.

i'll rather pay extra to make sure the bike is there on time, than for the luggage bay to be full, and your bike is delayed till they get an open space.

and the longer your bike waits, the bigger the chances of damage.

your choice

Just fly with a decent airline, I boycott SAA with all my heart and soul!!! Fly British airways or Kulula as far as im aware they are not charging me anything. What a joy flying return me and wifey fot R1062. If you wait too long to book you tickets its just your own fault.

I will spent that R400 on a nice west coast crayfish for me and wifey Mmmmmm cant wait!!!
Kritzie2008-02-29 02:39:28

If they're going to charge for bicycles then they must charge for golf clubs too. Why should cyclists pay for the additional weight and not golfers? In a four-year period I flew with my bike about 100 times and most times there were golf clubs on the luggage conveyors' date=' usually more than one set on each flight...Add the number of golf bags being flown around every day by SAA and see what tonnage that gets you!

[/quote']

Golfers are charged, much like cyclists. My brother was in the SA Team, in full SA kit on their way to France, and SAA charged them all excess for the Clubs... nice support from our Local Carrier. No wonder the Boks are carried around by BA.

The other thing is, you pay the excess, but your stuff either gets stolen or broken, with no mention of compensation...

Maybe things will change with the new handlers at JHB Int. This is happening soon i think... might even be before Argus.

on Mango they usually charge R150 extra per bike and extra for the weight if you over!im a varsity student and often fly with my bikes,generally kulula dont have a problem and neither do SAA. In all fairness they should be allowed to charge bit isint R400 a bit steep?especially if youre not overweight... Mangos R150 sounds a bit more resonable...

Fair enough... buiness is business, but where is the consistancy? Ya there is peak and off peak, but there seems to be no set amount per time, it's simply opportunistic money making... 'Got a captive market, let's rip them off' seems to be there motto here.

Poeple making money out of cycling?? Well everyone but the customer (sometimes the customer even makes money though). Unless i have missed something in the past few years and cycling is now a charity hobby?? :)

If they're going to charge for bicycles then they must charge for golf clubs too. Why should cyclists pay for the additional weight and not golfers? In a four-year period I flew with my bike about 100 times and most times there were golf clubs on the luggage conveyors' date=' usually more than one set on each flight...Add the number of golf bags being flown around every day by SAA and see what tonnage that gets you!

[/quote']

Golfers are charged, much like cyclists. My brother was in the SA Team, in full SA kit on their way to France, and SAA charged them all excess for the Clubs... nice support from our Local Carrier. No wonder the Boks are carried around by BA. No Longer, SAA has signed a huge multi million rand deal with SA Rugby after the bokke won the world cup

The other thing is, you pay the excess, but your stuff either gets stolen or broken, with no mention of compensation...

Maybe things will change with the new handlers at JHB Int. This is happening soon i think... might even be before Argus.The new handlers com on Sat at midnight, 1st March new teams moving the bags at airports!! Should be interesting

People make money. Deal with it. People are making money with us being on here everyday. People make money cause we have to use the internet to be on here. Most of you doing this while at work to make money at a company in business to make money...

on Mango they usually charge R150 extra per bike and extra for the weight if you over!im a varsity student and often fly with my bikes' date='generally kulula dont have a problem and neither do SAA. In all fairness they should be allowed to charge bit isint R400 a bit steep?especially if youre not overweight... Mangos R150 sounds a bit more resonable...[/quote']

Point is they appear to be implementing and doing this only for the duartion of the Argus, reverting to n/c once its over.