SRAM 2 x 10 36 -22/24

Dustbug

Hi can anyone give me some feed back / experience on the above combination, Ive used the 40 -28 before but found the 40 a bit big on the longer 75km + rides as I was always looking for the in between gear so swapped back to my 3 x 10, but find the 42 a bit big for my needs so spend too much time in the 32. I will change the 22 to a 24 or 26 which I prefer for steeper climbing.

many thanks

Hi can anyone give me some feed back / experience on the above combination, Ive used the 40 -28 before but found the 40 a bit big on the longer 75km + rides as I was always looking for the in between gear so swapped back to my 3 x 10, but find the 42 a bit big for my needs so spend too much time in the 32. I will change the 22 to a 24 or 26 which I prefer for steeper climbing.

many thanks

Hi

I have a 29er with SRAM 11-36 casette, and 26/39 up front. I don't use the 39 much, I find the 26 works well in most cases, except when I get very tired, then I would prefer an easier gear for hills. Trying to get fitter, rather than changing it though.

Hi I was away, BCD is 104 Sram have released a 36 / 22 combo that fits the 2 x 10 with the right spider or a 3 x 10 as there is meant to be a bash guard which Im leaving off. Im fitting this to my hard tail. I prefer a 2 x 10 to 3 x 10. I will replace the 22 with a 24 or 26.

Hi I was away, BCD is 104 Sram have released a 36 / 22 combo that fits the 2 x 10 with the right spider or a 3 x 10 as there is meant to be a bash guard which Im leaving off. Im fitting this to my hard tail. I prefer a 2 x 10 to 3 x 10. I will replace the 22 with a 24 or 26.

I agree, with 11-36 cassette the 22 upfront is a waste of time. You should be ok with 39/26.

Guest Smimby

Just remember that many Front Der's will only handle max 12T sometime if you are lucky you can get away with 14T dif in the front blade.....but Sram is mostly

28/42

26/39

24/38

they don't recommend that you run 24 /39 for example but some people are happy to do that as they are happy with the "slower" shiffting

I agree, with 11-36 cassette the 22 upfront is a waste of time. You should be ok with 39/26.

Also running 39/26 with 11/36 and very happy!

+1