Paris-Roubaix this Sunday!

Joe!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fabian Cancellara and Bradley Wiggins are both in the peloton despite crashes and punctures.

Matthieu Ladagnous (FDJ.fr) is also in the front group. They are now the front group after catching the trio up front.

There are 12 riders in the move. The peloton is only 20 seconds behind, with BMC leading the chase.

The riders hit the Orchies sector, number 12, and so Boonen tries to split the group.

Is Boonen sacrificing his chances for a teammate or trying to take control of the race?

57km remaining from 257km

After 200k of racing, the Boonen attack has 22 seconds but the Belgian does not seem convinced it is the right strategy.

Behind BMC, Team Sky also has four riders up front, with Boasson Hagen and Trek has several teammates to help Cancellara.

There are six riders in the Boonen move but the gap is falling. It is just 10 seconds now.

14:17:16 CEST

Boonen flicks his elbow to wave Thomas through but he seems frustrated that the move is about to fail.

14:18:02 CEST

The six hit sector 11, with the peloton breathing down their necks. Sagan is also up there.

Yannick Martinez (Team Europcar) is also there but the peloton is coming up to them.