Demo rides: 26er vs 27.5er vs 29er

ByronH

Please don't use "er" when referring to 27.5" wheels, it sounds gay so it only suits 29er's :P

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't use "er" when referring to 27.5" wheels, it sounds gay so it only suits 29er's :P

Geezzzzzzzz dude

yes im deceiding what should i buy 27.5" or 29" and i went back in history to see if other dudes  had before me the same problem - lol  and then i read that duded comment - lol

Sho there was a lot a of violins played on this

thread, but I guess that comes with discussing wheel size...again!!!

P.S did you guys see what Shaq is riding, 36" :eek:

Indeed, buy the bike that makes you feel most comfortable on the trails you ride often.

One wheel is not faster than another if the same power is applied through it through the same drive ratio.

Wheel size talk is so yesterday.

Perhaps it is but unlike you im still finding my way around the bike

Then may I suggest you try a brilliant 27.5 like the giant anthem and brilliant 29er like a rocky Mountain element and decide.

I chose the anthem. I simply preferred the ride of the smaller wheels across varied terrain and the superior suspension action

I do alot of riding on tarr and once in a while on a trail - so is 27.5" still the best for me

No, then you need a road bike or maybe a CX bike. 

^_^

no i want a mountain since i have 110kg to consider and do a bit of riding in the bush/veld and i like the look of a mountain bike

Wheel size makes no difference. Speed is determined by how hard and fast you can push the pedals to turn the wheels through the gearbox. Wheels size difference between 26 27.5 and 29 makes very little difference when gearing is corrected for the wheel size difference

I still have a lot to learn - you will see i will ask alot of " stupid " questions in future but i dont beleive they are stupid cause i dont know the answer to it

Archived