[Event] Winter Fast One

Face Plant

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Entered, not sure if we can use our own SAS boards or not so will will bring mine along in case.

Entered, not sure if we can use our own SAS boards or not so will will bring mine along in case.

SAS boards are allowed. You just need to have it with you when you register as they have to note your SAS number on the entry. If you have a SAS baord dont take a temp board at registration.

SAS boards are allowed. You just need to have it with you when you register as they have to note your SAS number on the entry. If you have a SAS bord dont take another at registration.

At last weeks Stonehaven race they also said we can use our own SAS boards but when i registered they insisted i get a new one.

Hey Scotty, there must have been crossed lines then as you can ride with your SAS board but you must just let us know your number and please don't take a temp board as this creates havoc with the timing...looking forward to seeing you all there.... Going to be a cracker!!!!

Just as a point of interest, your seeding is based on your ID number and not your SAS number, so if you do a race that does not allow SAS boards your results will still count if it is submitted to SAS with your id number

Enjoyed the race, flat with plenty of single track and a number of streams to negotiate. The honest seeding thing did not work out as i started B and passed plenty of A riders within the first 10km, also registration was a bit frustrating with 1 queue for 65, 35 and 12k but line moved fairly quick. Route was well marked and WP's well stocked.

Pizza, prego rolls and beer finished off a good day in the saddle, will definitely be back :thumbup:

Had a good ride, 1 hectic fall, lost a bit of momentum, but got going again. Number collection was a bit messy, but no hassles. Finished in top 30 in 65, homeward wind was not fun!!!! Beer at the end was FUN!

Gave it a skip as the registration for the summer fast one was also a nightmare! Didn't wanna Q for 40 min again.

enjoyed the ride again. Nice and flat, not as cold as last year. Was looking for you scotty but got stuck into some beers

Had a good ride, 1 hectic fall, lost a bit of momentum, but got going again. Number collection was a bit messy, but no hassles. Finished in top 30 in 65, homeward wind was not fun!!!! Beer at the end was FUN!

Number collection needs to be looked at, for the next race i'll rather pay R30 more and go stand in the very short late entries que.

This was my first race over 50km and I really enjoyed it, I managed to do it in just under 3 hours the route was really well marked and the potatoes at the water points really hit the spot.

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for the feedback, as you guys know, we constantly try to improve on our events. One concern that was addressed at the race debrief meeting was the registration process. Our ladies are there from 06H00 but as we have seen most of the riders only arrive about an hour before the race starts and it then becomes a huge challenge to process 700+ riders in the short amount of time.

We already have a couple ideas of how we can improve on this and I assure you that we will improve on the process as we understand that NOBODY enjoys standing in ques.

It was our first time that we used the Honesty seeding method and we feel that it worked well. The issue about catching riders from batches ahead of you happens with any form of seeding so there isn’t much you can do about this as there will always be people that have egos faster than their legs. The whole idea of seeding is to avoid bottlenecks on the route which I think it did (listening to feedback) but I do know that there were a couple of incidents where riders touch a tumble that led to a bit of a backup but this is virtually impossible to avoid.

Once again I want to thank you for the feedback as the events we host are for YOU the rider and if we are not meeting your expectations then we need to fix things!!

Regards

PJ

Hi Guys,

Regards

PJ

Maybe have a number collection at your office a day before

Archived