SRAM pressfit bb

Wiley

Hi

Would like some feedback on SRAM pressfit bb 30 - as fitted standard on my spez stumpjumper comp ht. What I would like to know is how reliable/ tough is this bb? And why would the bearings seize? There are (2) sealed bearings in there, so even if it did take in water, surely the bearings would be ok? The one bearing completely seized on a brand new bike after a grand total of approx. 400km of casual weekend and holiday rides...

Tx

The bearing could have been pressed in skew - otherwise just bad luck. If it's a new bike see if you can get it warrantied.

Swop over to the endura bearing, I run the MFG housing and reuse the housing with endura BB30 bearings. When they go.

The PF system does not like water, install them with a generous grease layer and new o-ring between the cups and on the shaft, to limit water intake. Remove your cranks and dry the inner if an exceptionnal wet and watery ride has taken place.

My one housing has its original bearing with 3000 + km on. The other lasted three training rides and a muddy rock man.

Tx. LBS not interested in a warranty claim i.e. considered to be a "wear and tear" item. They already did the replacement at my expense, hope they did a proper job. Will definitely look at the endura bearing when it next goes...