clueless on measurements

reteid

ok so i am in the market for a time trial bike.heard from a friend of a friend that i need to take some measurements.inseam 89 cm.height 1,86m.torso 46cm.arms from tip to tip 1,98m.

now that i have these figures how do i go forward.i do not have a clue whether i have long legs short torso or whatever.i understand that on the bike fit is everything,but i am clueless how to proceed further.

eg i see a nice tt bike in the classifieds lets say cervelo.how do i know whether that will fit me better than say a kestrel or a trinity or a slice etc.

please help a clueless hubber with some guidelines.

ok so i am in the market for a time trial bike.heard from a friend of a friend that i need to take some measurements.inseam 89 cm.height 1,86m.torso 46cm.arms from tip to tip 1,98m.

now that i have these figures how do i go forward.i do not have a clue whether i have long legs short torso or whatever.i understand that on the bike fit is everything,but i am clueless how to proceed further.

eg i see a nice tt bike in the classifieds lets say cervelo.how do i know whether that will fit me better than say a kestrel or a trinity or a slice etc.

please help a clueless hubber with some guidelines.

Quite confusing as different ways in applying the measurements according to different shops and sites.