Preventing flu/sickness after a hard session

Scientifically there is NO HARD EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that in a healthy person with a healthy diet vitamin C or any other vitamin or so called "immune booster" does anything at all to prevent colds or flu. In fact if you eat a balanced varied diet you should not need vitamin supplementation. The following is a logical scientific approach that will help

1) get a flu jab yearly (the whole family!)

2)Avoid shaking hands or kissing anyone at all as they only usually let you know they are sick after doing this!

3)Avoid as far as possible being in cars or closed rooms (esp with air cons) with sick people(open the windows!).

4)After exercise have a warm shower asap

5) Wash your hands often during the day and try to avoid touching your face with your hands during the day.

Scientifically there is NO HARD EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that in a healthy person with a healthy diet vitamin C or any other vitamin or so called "immune booster" does anything at all to prevent colds or flu. In fact if you eat a balanced varied diet you should not need vitamin supplementation. The following is a logical scientific approach that will help

1) get a flu jab yearly (the whole family!)

2)Avoid shaking hands or kissing anyone at all as they only usually let you know they are sick after doing this!

3)Avoid as far as possible being in cars or closed rooms (esp with air cons) with sick people(open the windows!).

4)After exercise have a warm shower asap

5) Wash your hands often during the day and try to avoid touching your face with your hands during the day.

Spoke to a Dr. up in Louis Trichardt a while back, when I had the flu again. He did some work in the US and UK and told me very same thing. He says in a healthy individual there is nothing you can take (vits & minerals etc.) to prevent an infection. It comes down to your body being able to fight and kill the virus.

But...what improves your general health? Vitamins...minerals...exercise? :eek:

After a hard session you deplete your glycogen and when this is depleted the immune system has to work harder. So straight after a very hard session replenish and put back with some carbs. This will keep your immune system at its strongest.

• 2 weeks later...

Put on a warm jacket / tracksuit top after your ride.

The cooling evaporating sweat is giving you the jitters in this weather