2014 Dr Evil Classic Karoo to Coast

nomoregravity

Just managed to slip in for the Karoo to Coast by entering the Dr Evil Classic today.

We'll be three guys staying in the Dr Evil race village in Wittedrif from the 18th to the 20th September, and will prefer to spend the Saturday night in Uniondale. (Not too keen on getting ready for a 4am shuttle from Knysna after three days of riding...)

If there's someone planning to do the same, it will be nice to hook up to get the vehicles sorted.

We'll be going up in a double cab, and should be able to fit one (or two at a squeeze) extra rider and bike going to Uniondale on Saturday night. After the race on Sunday, you can then drive one of us from Knysna to fetch the bakkie from Uniondale.

Any takers?

• 2 months later...

Bump... and good luck guys, anyone have any long range weather predictions - looks like a cold front hitting Cape Town on Wednesday next week... :unsure:

Can't wait! :devil:

A friend of mine cannot ride the Dr Evil & Karoo2Coast (family affairs) and so I have an entry for both left, including transport from Knysna to unionsdale on Saturday afternoon. Transferd are still possible at the event (I am riding both). Dr Evil R2850; Transport Knysna-Unionsdale R450; K2C R350+R80. Let me soon know if you are interested!

Cheers,

Niels.

A friend of mine cannot ride the Dr Evil & Karoo2Coast (family affairs) and so I have an entry for both left, including transport from Knysna to unionsdale on Saturday afternoon. Transferd are still possible at the event (I am riding both). Dr Evil R2850; Transport Knysna-Unionsdale R450; K2C R350+R80. Let me soon know if you are interested!

Cheers,

Niels.

A friend of mine cannot ride the Dr Evil & Karoo2Coast (family affairs) and so I have an entry for both left, including transport from Knysna to unionsdale on Saturday afternoon. Transfers are still possible at the event (I am riding both). Dr Evil R2850; Transport Knysna-Unionsdale R450; K2C R350+R80. Let me soon know if you are interested!

Cheers,

Niels.

Thank you D Evil for a very memorable 3days, finished it off with harkerville red route (sublime riding)

It was a brilliant event, tested the legs and endurance, without killing you.

And yes, the Harkerville Red Route was the Cherry on Top.

My team mate and I had a ball at Dr Evil. But by the 3rd day my legs were finished and K2C was ridden in survival mode. Still the best MTB experience for me thus far! This race is very accessible for a fit weekend warrior. We came in 38/54 in the teams category.

My team mate and I had a ball at Dr Evil. But by the 3rd day my legs were finished and K2C was ridden in survival mode. Still the best MTB experience for me thus far! This race is very accessible for a fit weekend warrior. We came in 38/54 in the teams category.

Yup! Survival mode indeed! On K2C I found I would hit the bottom of every climb and feel totally empty, but then warm up and get into a good rhythm after a bit. Still, a flipping hard slog the whole way... wouldn't mind doing it on fresh legs - epic terrain. Cape Pioneer calling.