Sponsorship and team uncertainty for 2015

NotSoBigBen

1. the Inner Ring@inrng6 mins

2. Another blow for Dutch cycling as Giant-Shimano's future is uncertain too. The greater the uncertainty the more likely riders sign elsewhere

the Inner Ring@inrng11 mins
    Belkin ending pro team sponsorship at the end of the year, search for a new sponsor for 2015 and beyond starts now http://www.teambelkin.com/teamnews/team-belkin-looking-for-new-title-sponsor-3206 …

O no, for teams winning all over the show, being Giant Shimano, this is very bad.

Hope all the guys finds a team.

Not good news for Reinie. Sponsors under huge financial pressure due to recession

Cycling needs to get its house in order and create a sustainable financial model. Relying on sponsorship to fund teams cannot continue.

I see the total prize money for Dauphine was €125,00. That is peanuts compared to other professional sports. I would like to know where the TV money goes. UCI or ASO (or other race organisers).

Cookson has his work cut out. So far not much has changed.

Cycling needs to get its house in order and create a sustainable financial model. Relying on sponsorship to fund teams cannot continue.

I see the total prize money for Dauphine was €125,00. That is peanuts compared to other professional sports. I would like to know where the TV money goes. UCI or ASO (or other race organisers).

Cookson has his work cut out. So far not much has changed.

Tinkov is a little mental but he has some great ideas to professionalise the sport and share the revenue between the teams and organisations so that this constant uncertainty is cut back. Alot of the prize money at the Giro was often less than you can win on radio phone in!

Look at mayhem Euskatel and others caused at the end of last year and how many top guys are riding pro continental.

It's a professional sport but riders still have to pin their paper / cloth numbers on their jerseys... that is 1940s stuff. Kick into the new age.

Not good news for Reinie. Sponsors under huge financial pressure due to recession

Xylon@XylonVE58 mins

No Tour de France for @ReinvanRensburg. Chooses to come home and spend time with his girlfriend and better her health. Great guy!

Not sure thats the best idea for RvR with no sponsor for next year. Often a good showing in the Tour helps contract negotiations for the following year.

Xylon@XylonVE58 mins

No Tour de France for @ReinvanRensburg. Chooses to come home and spend time with his girlfriend and better her health. Great guy!

In the uncertainty of the team for next year, I don't know if this is the right thing to do.

Dont get my wrong, what he is doing is great, but ....

He, himself cant do anything to make her better, the doctors can.

He needs to ride the tour and be one of Marcel's main guys, he will then be high on the hit list for teams looking for a potential rider, then he will be able to provide so to say.

Looks like Kelderman could be heading over the Orica Green Edge and Whiteys band of marry men then.

He'll have a few UCi points in hand and will want some security locked in early so that he's not potential fighting it out with the rest of Belkin and Giant riders for contracts.

Xylon@XylonVE58 mins

Well done to the young man. Imagine if Oscar placed the well being of his girlfriend first...

Looks like Kelderman could be heading over the Orica Green Edge and Whiteys band of marry men then.

He'll have a few UCi points in hand and will want some security locked in early so that he's not potential fighting it out with the rest of Belkin and Giant riders for contracts.

Not sure that points will matter as much next year with teams folding. Even beginning of this year we had 18 teams applying for 18 places.

Well done to the young man. Imagine if Oscar placed the well being of his girlfriend first...

Sentimentally he is right, but there is a huge gap between doing your career potential terminal damage in showing a girlfriend some support and popping 4 Black Talons at her....