Photographers and Camera Geeks

Pantani

Canon EF 75-300mm f4.0-5.6 III USM Ultrasonic

Anybody familiar with this lens? Anything to say about it, good or bad?

http://www.sacamera.co.za/prodimages/ef75-300usmb.gif

Pantani2008-03-07 03:50:41

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a worse lens, the sigma 75-300 .... Don't waste your money on this.

Take a look at the Canon 17-85 or Sigma 17-70

Some hate Canon's 28-135, but I know of one two people who are happy with theirs. 

Don't waste your money on this.

Shocked

I have agreed to buy a camera with this lens in the deal... So I sort of have to take it. But the price is good, suppose I could sell this lens and buy something else?

Hi,

If you need a decent Canon telephoto either get the 70-200 f4 L or possibly the 70-300 IS USM. I think both cost about R 7 000 though, so it really depends how much you want to spend.

If you go Canon you cant go wrong... Canon is the bench mark... (My personal opinion) Ive gat a friend that does sport fotage and he says that he wont go anything less than Canon.... But its all upto what you like i think...

If you sell it you will have to settle for about R1500 for it and then you still gonna wait for a gullable buyer. If you want that range, you will have to save to get a 70-200 F4 L. I think they go for about 6.5k.

Mampara2008-03-07 04:48:15

Don't waste your money on this.

Shocked

I have agreed to buy a camera with this lens in the deal... So I sort of have to take it. But the price is good' date=' suppose I could sell this lens and buy something else?

[/quote']

If you get it with the camera, take a few test shots and if you're happy... keep it.

End of the day it's what you're comfortable with, if it works for you, then theres your answer. Thumbs%20Up

Anytime you want a hand lemme know.

If you go Canon you cant go wrong... Canon is the bench mark... (My personal opinion) Ive gat a friend that does sport fotage and he says that he wont go anything less than Canon.... But its all upto what you like i think...

There are a number of Canon MKIII and 40D users who would disagree right now. Big%20smile

If you sell it you will have to settle for about R1500 for it and then you still gonna wait for a gullable buyer. If you want that range' date=' you will have to save to get a 70-200 F4 L. I think they go for about 6.5k.

[/quote']

OK, I see a few places selling this lens for over R3K. But you're telling me if I find a gullible buyer... What? Is this lens that bad???

No it ain't' date=' just a cheap zoom.... what are you going to be shooting though?[/quote']

Scenery, landscapes, buildings and cycling pics... Big%20smile

Scenery' date=' landscapes, buildings and cycling pics... Big%20smile
[/quote']

Scenery = in good light

landscapes = not wide enough

buildings = not wide enough

cycling pics = too slow