Mankele Avalanche 2014 - Who's in!?

BaltazarMarques

This will be my first MANKELE, I'm so amped. Just bought a SC Driver 8 - its overkill but Im going to just have a jol!

See you chaps there!!

On a side note - has anyone heard of the Ancient Ruins (Waterval Boven) or Adams Calendar (Kaapsehoop) in the area? If there is time Im amped to recharge my inner being in the sacred spots! If anyone knows where, please point me in the right direction!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There like a bear, bsst event ever. 3 years running and love every year more than the year before.

Chicken braai best meal ever :clap:

I've heard the Chicken Braai is awesome - Nothing like a good feed and talking crap around a fire after a hard days riding!!!

Best bring warm clothes for the nights though as heard it gets Brass monkeys cold...

This will be my first MANKELE, I'm so amped. Just bought a SC Driver 8 - its overkill but Im going to just have a jol!

See you chaps there!!

On a side note - has anyone heard of the Ancient Ruins (Waterval Boven) or Adams Calendar (Kaapsehoop) in the area? If there is time Im amped to recharge my inner being in the sacred spots! If anyone knows where, please point me in the right direction!

Driver 8 - Sweet ass bike - Gonna have fun no doubt!! :thumbup:

As for just having a jol, I'm with you. No ways I'm in shape to stick with the proper riders, just want to hit it as hard as I'm able and hopefully hold on till the bottom! :eek: :D

Have you entered yet?

I'm not sure on times but I hear its two runs in the morn, two noonish and two in the afternoon. So take 6 and call me in the morning.

Camping facilities

So amped!!!

Ok, so this is my 1st race - what do I need to know?

Tips and unspoken rules for not annoying other riders?

What are the tents like at Mankele?

Dude that sucks! I remember you were there last year weren't you?

edit: reply is to Pierre

Edited by nolipoli

There like a bear, bsst event ever. 3 years running and love every year more than the year before.

Chicken braai best meal ever :clap:

Yup! :drool: :drool:

I'm willing to do pretty much anything for your Avalanche entry. Apparently my email got lost in the bunch and they are now full. So if you can't go, or aren't feeling keen, please let me know and we can make a deal to make you smile. Pretty please with XX1 on top

zero eight three

seven five three

four five two one

Pierre

That's such a bummer dude. Also post on "Mountainbikers Do it Downhill" on Facebook. Hopefully someone can help you out.

Been there done it, great event!

New born baby will keep me away this year but there's always next year!

N-joy the event. :thumbup:

I must say...you guys kept that little one a secret hey! At 1st I thought you were holding a niece or nephew...congrats though and hope L and baby is doing good!

My first Mankele. What are the arrangements, registration, start times etc.

Have you entered yet?

I'm not sure on times but I hear its two runs in the morn, two noonish and two in the afternoon. So take 6 and call me in the morning.

Camping facilities

So amped!!!

its 3 separate routes with 4 runs on day 1 and 2 on day 2, seeding takes place on Friday evening and some nice vids of the trails to be ridden. cheapest beer and food you can find and an awesome group of "touched" individuals.

starts are seperated by time( 3 min per rider i think) and the fastest boys go off first.

first shuttle leaves at 7 or 7.30 i cant remember. its friken cold in the morning and gets better when the sun hits( eventually).

nights are cold and the free tents are more so so pack warm. other than that its just 16-25 odd min( depending on where you are seeded, personally dont think the leaders have brakes) of awesome fun :clap:

oh i forget to mention the shuttle is on the back of a truck ( a closed chicken chilled type one and an open type one) so be prepared to be covered in dust last year i kaked from it. this year have bought a buff so i can at least breathe.

Edited by DaddyG