Front and rear tyres.

Muggins

Any recommendations on front and rear tyres for my Giant Anthem Advanced.

Shop has suggested Schwalbe Racing Ralph's snakeskin rear and front.

I was on Maxxis Crossmark Lust before this. As a rear they were good but not on the front, not enough grip. They were not good in the wet.

I do a lot of trail riding, Hakahana type riding.

Edited by Muggins

Tyre preferences are like mullets, every muppet has one, and you're going to get at least a dozen completely contrasting responses. Each respondent will swear by their combination.

If it were me, and I rode an Anthem (which most likely doesn't get used for true trail riding, but more for slightly technical marathon riding) I'd stick a Racing Ralph on the back, and a Rocket Ron on the front.

Muggins, have you tried the Onza Canis? They are currently available in 26, 650B and 29" in a nice high-volume 2.25" Tubeless Ready casing. You'll find them more aggressive than the Racing Ralph, however with the close spaced centre tread they still roll exceptionally quick. The casing is also far more durable than some of the other Tubeless Ready tyres out on the market. Pricing not bad either ;)

Let me know who your LBS is as we have a few out with the stores in JHB. Just sent a "test" set to the guys from Linden and Cycle Lab... also working on twisting Marc and Merlin's arms at Dunkeld

Racing Ralph 2.2 front and back. If very muddy then RocketRon on front and Racing Ralph. I have tried almost everything and have been happiest with them. And yes, deffo Snakeskin.

Lots of tire threads already but here's my input.

Reliability and longevity but heavyish: crossmark rear, ikon front

Expensive, lightish and reliable but not as long lasting: racing Ralph snakeskin front and rear

My favourite combo: racing Ralph snakeskin front and non snakeskin rear both 2.25

Light, cheap, reliable enough but not as long lasting.

All those combos have enough grip for xc style riding.