Hans Dampf tires

Bizkit031

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite interested to see how these tyres perform. I just ordered a HD Trailstar 2.35 for my front tyre. As soon as it arrives I'll fit it and go for a test and let you guys know.

Has anyone tried the Hans Dampf Super gravity tyre?

I see Rush Sports are selling them.

That denotes the type of casing used. Like snakeskin, but without the snakeskin section under the tread. A bit lighter, basically, but still with the same sidewall protection as the snakeskin.

That denotes the type of casing used. Like snakeskin, but without the snakeskin section under the tread. A bit lighter, basically, but still with the same sidewall protection as the snakeskin.

Thanks. So it's a good tyre for our rough rocky trails?

I've split 2 Nobby Nics in as many months on rocks (I make my own trails) and wanting something tougher.

Thanks. So it's a good tyre for our rough rocky trails?

I've split 2 Nobby Nics in as many months on rocks (I make my own trails) and wanting something tougher.

Absolutely. Nics are quite soft. HD is quite a bit tougher being an AM tyre. Especially with the super g casing.

Good news then. Thanks Armpies

Next question - where can I purchase Magic Mary's in SA? They appear to be a good option up front, if I am reading this forum correctly

Seems that only thunder burt and racing Ralphs are around. Rocket Rons clearing out and yet to see HD at the LBS.

not quite.

In super gravity carcasses, the snakeskin goes right around the tire, bead to bead. The difference with Super gravity is that the sidewalls are 4ply as with the DH tyres, but 2ply on the topcap. This makes the tyre lighter than the DH tyre, but the side wall as stiff with the top cap more flexible to better shape itself to the terrain. Can run pretty low pressures with the super gravity carcasses without the side walls buckling. Very good stuff from Schwalbe. I highly recommend it.

just stay away from tracks with devils thorns. you were warned.

Edited by Capricorn

Thanks.

And around 20 euro freight.

@ roughly 14.50 zar to the euro

Total around 750 zar (excluding other import tariffs)

not quite.

In super gravity carcasses, the snakeskin goes right around the tire, bead to bead. The difference with Super gravity is that the sidewalls are 4ply as with the DH tyres, but 2ply on the topcap. This makes the tyre wall stiff with the top cap more flexible to better shape itself to the terrain. Can run pretty low pressures with the super gravity carcasses without the side walls buckling. Very good stuff from Schwalbe. I highly recommend it.

I tend to steer clear of them, its the rocky sections I seem to drift to.

I tend to steer clear of them, its the rocky sections I seem to drift to.

I haven't been on a rockier track than the high speed one on SH. its ridiculous amounts of fun. All my SuperG tyres held up just fine. In general, schwalbe tyres with snakeskin have stupendously good sidewall protection. It's not stupid-proof, but sure as hell comes close.

not quite.

In super gravity carcasses, the snakeskin goes right around the tire, bead to bead. The difference with Super gravity is that the sidewalls are 4ply as with the DH tyres, but 2ply on the topcap. This makes the tyre lighter than the DH tyre, but the side wall as stiff with the top cap more flexible to better shape itself to the terrain. Can run pretty low pressures with the super gravity carcasses without the side walls buckling. Very good stuff from Schwalbe. I highly recommend it.

Thanks, Cap.

My HD's have shaken off the summer dust and has come into their own with the turn of the weather. Muchos grip for most situations and eventualities - just not summer and the sand that it brings.

Will try a Mary in front in any case