Hans Dampf tires

Bizkit031

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Magic Mary is magic. Been running one up front for the last few months. Grips on everything. Not sure how it'll be in summer, but it's brilliant on the wet and slimy stuff.

I run HD on front and crossmark at back on my SS, which is the bike I ride 80% of the time

Love the HD. Would want to run HD at back too but frame doesn't allow clearance.

HD is good for most highveld riding most of the time

Edited by BAMF_SS

Magic Mary is magic. Been running one up front for the last few months. Grips on everything. Not sure how it'll be in summer, but it's brilliant on the wet and slimy stuff.

its ridiculously good in the dry as well.

Got the snakeskin version on my Jekkyl one as stock, taking into consideration I weigh 100kg I can only say that:

-They offer rediculous amounts of grip, I mean I'm navigating an already tighter than comfortable turn and feel confident increasing my angle and turn to avoid a sharp rock or tree stump without sacrificing grip.

-Never had a snakebite

-Give plenty of "pre-washout" warning, never went from grip to slip without the mushy feeling giving you some telltale warning that you're about to bail.

- are pressure sensitive as others suggest, but don't have a extremely high rolling resistance, not higher than a purgatory or a mountain king, lower than I'd expect from a 2.4 anyway.

My suggestion would be that if you struggle to find a see-saw partner like me, get a set, play with the pressure untill happy, and enjoy those insane climbs without losing grip and toasting your buddies on the dh sections!

+ 1 for the super gravity casing. I have over a year on my HD SG ( about 20-30 km a week riding Tokai's Xc and dh tracks and some enduro races) as a front and still going strong. No flats, no issues, fit and forget.

Got the snakeskin version on my Jekkyl one as stock, taking into consideration I weigh 100kg I can only say that:

-They offer rediculous amounts of grip, I mean I'm navigating an already tighter than comfortable turn and feel confident increasing my angle and turn to avoid a sharp rock or tree stump without sacrificing grip.

-Never had a snakebite

-Give plenty of "pre-washout" warning, never went from grip to slip without the mushy feeling giving you some telltale warning that you're about to bail.

- are pressure sensitive as others suggest, but don't have a extremely high rolling resistance, not higher than a purgatory or a mountain king, lower than I'd expect from a 2.4 anyway.

My suggestion would be that if you struggle to find a see-saw partner like me, get a set, play with the pressure untill happy, and enjoy those insane climbs without losing grip and toasting your buddies on the dh sections!

All I took from your post is that you have a Jekyll and you have not posted any pictures in the "Your enduro ride" thread... :ph34r:

Looking at the Spez site this AM and saw the new Slaugter tire looks very similar to The Rock razor,they say this is a rear specific tire but some guys are running it on the front. Anyone tried or seen the Rock razor.

I saw one on a bike at Linden Cycles. Smallish square nobs down the middle (3 rows I think) with mid-sized nobs on the sides. Not as aggressive looking as the name suggests.

I saw one on a bike at Linden Cycles. Smallish square nobs down the middle (3 rows I think) with mid-sized nobs on the sides. Not as aggressive looking as the name suggests.

I need to see what it looks like,I believe the Spez is similar,but one thing about The Rock razor is it's gonna be priced quite high. These tires are meant to roll fast but corner like crazy.

Quick version , Have HD trail star upfront , HD pacestar on the rear of mt GT sensor 26er - great tyre but doesn't roll much if you looking to do race snack distance. nice for a spare set to throw on and do some tech trails and downhill stuff . had a xking on back and mountain king upfront and wasn't bad combo but now run on my 650 B a maxxis ardent on the rear and a high roller II upfront and wont look back . best combo ever !!!

I need to see what it looks like,I believe the Spez is similar,but one thing about The Rock razor is it's gonna be priced quite high. These tires are meant to roll fast but corner like crazy.

Depends where you buy:) First batch sold out - second batch available at the end of the month. Link is here: http://www.evobikes.co.za/tyres/27-5-tyres-650b/schwalbe-rock-razor-snakeskin-pacestar-ss-tlr-27-5-x-2-35.html

Quick version , Have HD trail star upfront , HD pacestar on the rear of mt GT sensor 26er - great tyre but doesn't roll much if you looking to do race snack distance. nice for a spare set to throw on and do some tech trails and downhill stuff . had a xking on back and mountain king upfront and wasn't bad combo but now run on my 650 B a maxxis ardent on the rear and a high roller II upfront and wont look back . best combo ever !!! I was looking for 29er high roller II just to be told by the agents to look overseas,they not bringing it in and they are only gonna do them in 26er.