Berg & Bush

SamIam

Thanks all. i thought it should be less groomed/slight tougher than sani (is thereanything more groomed than sani? tar?) i just didn't want to drag a spinning bike warrioir around something like hakahana or VG... that could get messy

thanks again

and GrantRH i might have to go swing by thaba and try that blue route

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a bit more technical than Sani but not a lot. Sani is manicured B&B not.

I would say it is also manicured - fair enough Princess Margret may have a rock or 2 here or there - but on a whole its pretty smooth from all the events that go through there.

Id say 85% groomed 15% general cattle track that has had most of the rocks moved out of the way

When do the entries usually open? Ie 2015.. and does it also work like others where past entries get preference, first timers go on waiting list?

When do the entries usually open? Ie 2015.. and does it also work like others where past entries get preference, first timers go on waiting list?

Opened and sold out already a while ago.

Tread have a comp going.. you can win an entry.

Opened and sold out already a while ago.

Tread have a comp going.. you can win an entry.

Thanx, have entered the comp already :lol: but was asking when do entries usually open, like when did entries open for this year? So I know when to start looking for next years....

Thanx, have entered the comp already :lol: but was asking when do entries usually open, like when did entries open for this year? So I know when to start looking for next years....

Ooh sorry.. selective reading on my part again.

Think think it opened in April this year.. my brother hadn't done it before and he got an entry that same week that I got mine as a previous rider.

Then entries for new riders open on 1 April. The 2-day and Descent sells out quickly, the Great Trek takes a little longer to fill up.

Ooh sorry.. selective reading on my part again.

Think think it opened in April this year.. my brother hadn't done it before and he got an entry that same week that I got mine as a previous rider.

ok great... thanx.....

Then entries for new riders open on 1 April. The 2-day and Descent sells out quickly, the Great Trek takes a little longer to fill up.

Awesome, thanx, want to do the Great Trek anyways so looks positive for next year...

I did the Great Trek last year. Loved every minute of it. I wasnt in the best condition of fitness, but the trails were amazing. This year im hoping to be in better shape to really enjoy it. I do both Sani and B&B and both have their highs and lows, but for me Berg n Bush was a better mountain biking ride.

Great Trek is also cool in my opinion because the field is about half the size. This means all riders get their own tent and we didnt queue for showers or food at all. Its a lekker chilled event.

Great Trek is also cool in my opinion because the field is about half the size. This means all riders get their own tent and we didnt queue for showers or food at all. Its a lekker chilled event.

Sounds even better now!! Tx

And the 2day one you don't need to pack up every day or arrange night before accommodation ;).. and I didn't have to queue for a shower either. :)

Barhugger has it spot on... Sani is probably a 2.8 - 3 technically, depending on whether you plan to ride UP Hill of a Climb! Berg and Bush Descent was VERY hot last year. Lots of hydration needed.

42 in the sun on day 1 I remember. I think I took about 3 swims in my kit just to cool down.

• 3 months later...

For those of you who were wondering....

This years BnB was insane. The trails on the Great Trek were fast and well ridden from the guys on the decent (who had terrible weather) and left it all out on the trails everyday.

This is my favorite race.

Cant wait for the next one. 

Archived