Flight Deck Help Please!

ByronH

Hi All

The wiring on my Shimano Flight Deck SC6500 (2002 model) was cut when it was removed from the old bike.

I have just been informed by my LBS that they will be unavailable to repair, or replace, the wiring as it is so old. So i have been tasked to find a new wiring kit for it.

Does anyone know a possible stockist of such wiring kits, even if perhaps you have one? And is the LBS correct that the wiring cannot be repaired?

Byron

Depending on where the cut is, it should be repairable. Even very thin wires can be rejoined if done properly.

Place an ad in the classifieds - there might be someone with a spare part for you lying in a drawer somewhere.

you only need some speaker wire and an electrical tester set on resistance

But first I would look if you can see any niks or pinches in the cable

and then start working your way up the cable to the cradle,testing for a continuity loop

everytime you cut a piece off just twist the wires together and test for continuity at the two cradle contacts

or just cut near the cradle and near the sensor and solder a new piece of speaker wire in between

I'm not familiar with how many wires this units got like cadence etc etc,but every sensor would have 2 wires so the above test just needs to be repeated

Edited by exsanguinator

I might have my old wire kit at home, I upgraded to the wireless harness and still have the old one.

Pm me your number and I will check.

Will only be back in JHB on Saturday.

I might have my old wire kit at home, I upgraded to the wireless harness and still have the old one.

Pm me your number and I will check.

Will only be back in JHB on Saturday.

I thinks its this or look on ebay for something

Both are cheaper than getting a techie to fix it for you,unless you have a relative in that field