Power training analysed

Anton 40 matches seems a lot are you sure that your CP is correct? Are you sure that your W value is correct?

• 5 months later...

Hay Chaps,

If you are wanting full Power & HR analysis look at Today's Plan www.todaysplan.co.za Not only does it offer full structured training plans synced to your Garmin head unit but comprehensive data analysis at less cost than Training Peaks. It’s free to try; no payment or credit card details are required to click get started.  

Happy Spinning

TodaysPlan Pricing which is South African based company: Training plans+

6 week training plan R 249

8 week training plan R 349

10 week training plan R 449

12 week training plan R 549

16 week training plan R 699

All prices in South African Rand ®.

+ Analytics subscriptions do not include training plans; these can be purchased as required. Analytics+

Monthly premium subscription R 90

Quarterly premium subscription R 270

Biannual premium subscription R 450

Yearly premium subscription R 900

All prices in South African Rand ®.

+ Training plans include full analytics for their duration.

http://www.todaysplan.com.au/pricing/

What program is best to monitor and analyses ones power training?

I am registered on Training Peaks but I want something where I do not need to go on to the net every time.

Any suggestions?

Have a look at the PowerTap PowerAgent software, this is for free to download and is great for the basics as long as you import a .csv file you all good!! 

http://www.powertap.com/catalog/software-and-apps 

In CP now you can change the chart to 2/3 parameters or extended CP, this will show you in the block what FTP/CP/W' should be, well close enough.

I've included a chart W'Bal, same chart that are used in ride with only the following on the Y axis, Power, W'Bal and Aer TISS, here you will see how W'Bal drops(when you go over CP/FTP) when you do intervals and the quality thereof. This graph also have at the bottom what minimum CP should be, hence if you have updated W' and CP correctly under rider preferences. However on this morining's ride my W' were given in red on the summary tab, I think this might mean that my CP or W'Bal is a bit low, but will test.

Lotsa new things, but check out some of the tutorials, I've watched the W'Bal one thus far, interesting stuff.

AntonJ what values are you using to estimate CP and W'?

My understanding from reading through various sources is that if you enter CP as your FTP then W' and W'Bal will be underestimated and if you use a CP value off your CP plot for a given time then W' becomes more accurate yet TSS now becomes underestimated?

Im still fairly new to GC but up till now been entering CP as my FTP whenever I have done an FTP test  and W' has been the default value given at 20000

Archived