Rietvlei Farm.. Alberton

Wendell

We are having a Fun day and an OPEN DAY for Mountain bikers! The new route is great and I welcome ALL riders, an easy Jeep track for the children and beginners with the exciting modified route for the rest. Our vision is to create routes with 80% ridden by 80% of the riders and the other 20%  will be for the ANRENALIN JUNKIES. We will be there from 07h00 

Hey Scotty - I may be wrong (OK so probably not ..... Wink) but I think it is this coming Sunday the 16th.

The course is superb, rode it last night Clap. Flip just about every time we go they have added new sections! Nice new short 'medium' technical section added this past weekend, lekker Big%20smile

The length of the lap is now just under 9k's

Is it safe and possible to ride there from 17h00 till sundown on weekdays. I work not far up the road. 

Yes, yes and yes!!!! Me, LittleBen and a few others ride there every Tue, Wed, and Thu at about 17:45 and do 1 lap (ride there and home as well of course!).

In fact I've ridden there at 5am in the morning before! Too dark at that time to do it now though, those forest sections can get very tricky ........

an easy Jeep track for the children and beginners

Oi Scotty - as per the above you should be OK or what am I saying? Oh you going in the light so it will be alright ........ Wink

Sorry, yes it will be this Sunday, thanks Bigben. We have also started our night rides from there, as from last night. We meet at 6pm, just remember "no technical too difficult to walk " I was told that recently. Every Tuesday and Thursday.

an easy Jeep track for the children and beginners

Oi Scotty - as per the above you should be OK or what am I saying? Oh you going in the light so it will be alright ........ Wink

The kiddies/beginners one is the one i'm interested in Embarrassed

We have also started our night rides from there' date=' as from last night. We meet at 6pm, just remember "no technical too difficult to walk " I was told that recently. Every Tuesday and Thursday.[/quote']

Do you need a light to ride? What are the costs? I'm very keen on joining tomorrow, but havn't finished my light yet. :-(

The cost presently is R15 per person. The rates will be from the 1st April, R600 for annual membership or 10 ticket booklet at R100 being R10 per entry or a single entry at R20. Yes it will be impossable to do without lights, but trust me it is awesome.. look forward to seeing you.

The cost presently is R15 per person. The rates will be from the 1st April' date=' R600 for annual membership or 10 ticket booklet at R100 being R10 per entry or a single entry at R20. Yes it will be impossable to do without lights, but trust me it is awesome.. look forward to seeing you.[/quote']

Hi Wendell, where will we be able to get the tickets?

Hello Gert, blessed with good health and good friends Big%20smile. Day entry will obviously be at the gate, books and season number plates from my shop for now. We hope to be on the Farm with our shop as soon as possible.

Directions.( BigBen please help ) it is a right turn off Vereeniging Highway driving South from N12, through Brackenhurst on the Zwartkoppies Rd aprox 2km from highway on your right,  or from West, Turn left from Kliprivier Dr onto Zwartkoppies direction Alberton and aprox 1.5km on the left.