GREYTON MTB STAGE RACE_August

Elaine007

hey guys,

any idea what this race entails? type of track, any single track?

Did the Houw Hoek tour in May, so looking forward to some new routes...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Don't know. But I will be there next weekend!

Will be my first Greyton Tour. Done the Houw Hoek in May and really enjoyed it. Just hope the weather will play along.

Seems we might just have a nice weekend. At least the weather up to the weekend looks good and will dry out the trails.

post-4229-0-41562800-1408537445_thumb.jpg

Edited by OscarS

hey guys,

any idea what this race entails? type of track, any single track?

Did the Houw Hoek tour in May, so looking forward to some new routes...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi if you go onto the MTB adventure website tour organisers it gives a route profile of the 2 days and a brief description also my first Greyton also did HH from reading it seems a little easier Greyton that is.

Untimed, social 2 days of riding on the trails around Greyton.

You can can choose a start group on the morning: Fast, Medium Fast, Medium, etc.

Ideal entry into "stage" events. Distances are relatively short (48km I think) and the climbing is under 1000m each day.

Organised by Johan Kriegler . No frills, no fuss, just come and ride.

There are a number of excellent trails around Greyton & Genadendal. A lot of new single track is being built and we had some good riding there at the Epic this year.

If I may offer one piece of advice to anyone going to Greyton and wanting to go out for lunch or dinner: if you go to a place called Searle's , go there armed with a good sense of humour. Excellent food, but the service is probably the worst I have ever come across in my life. An absolute shocker and it doesn't seem to have gotten better since my last visit during Epic.

A friend was there last Saturday ( a normal Greyton weekend) and he said it was as bad as then.

You can can choose a start group on the morning: Fast, Medium Fast, Medium, etc.

Ideal entry into "stage" events. Distances are relatively short (48km I think) and the climbing is under 1000m each day.

There are a number of excellent trails around Greyton & Genadendal. A lot of new single track is being built and we had some good riding there at the Epic this year.

If I may offer one piece of advice to anyone going to Greyton and wanting to go out for lunch or dinner: if you go to a place called Searle's , go there armed with a good sense of humour. Excellent food, but the service is probably the worst I have ever come across in my life. An absolute shocker and it doesn't seem to have gotten better since my last visit during Epic.

A friend was there last Saturday ( a normal Greyton weekend) and he said it was as bad as then.

LOL

I have been to most of the restaurants in Greyton but not that one

Can recommend Abby Rose.Oak and Vigne

My sister has a self catering Guest House in Greyton.3 Willows.They have a website Recommended :thumbup:

Growing pains, Searles is a relatively new concept and only in their third year with exponential growth year on year. I know the guys at Searles and I think it would be fair to say they get slammed and slammed hard with over a 1000 customers a day over these event weekends. The Epic is just off the charts.... They are one of the biggest venus in the town in terms of overall space and if you get chance to speak to the owners they'll tell you they never imagined or expected it to be that popular and believe they created a beast. Only last week you had riders using the shower there.. who were not even customers and created all manor of issues, over 500 customers passed through that day. The food is good thats why it's popular. Agreed a good sense of humour is required and possibly a relaxed attitude. You'll get you food I'm sure. Get stuck into the Craft beers and enjoy the vibe. The guys there work hard and it's a boom bust scenario in terms of feet in Greyton. Massive events and then dead quite. Also theres only a limited pool of talent to draw from. I think it's all about expectations and once you understand the dynamic and that Searles is not a restaurant per say it a crazy eclectic vibey venue. They have got stronger with each year and I for one would not wish to run that place. I take my hat off to them. Enjoy the ride guys both in Greyton and Searles.

Did a yearend function @ Searles, and overall the experience was great...can also recommend a stop over at vanilla cafe for a pre drink.

Canola fields, kilometers of MTB and new friends....Looking forward!!

Growing pains, Searles is a relatively new concept and only in their third year with exponential growth year on year. I know the guys at Searles and I think it would be fair to say they get slammed and slammed hard with over a 1000 customers a day over these event weekends. The Epic is just off the charts.... They are one of the biggest venus in the town in terms of overall space and if you get chance to speak to the owners they'll tell you they never imagined or expected it to be that popular and believe they created a beast. Only last week you had riders using the shower there.. who were not even customers and created all manor of issues, over 500 customers passed through that day. The food is good thats why it's popular. Agreed a good sense of humour is required and possibly a relaxed attitude. You'll get you food I'm sure. Get stuck into the Craft beers and enjoy the vibe. The guys there work hard and it's a boom bust scenario in terms of feet in Greyton. Massive events and then dead quite. Also theres only a limited pool of talent to draw from. I think it's all about expectations and once you understand the dynamic and that Searles is not a restaurant per say it a crazy eclectic vibey venue. They have got stronger with each year and I for one would not wish to run that place. I take my hat off to them. Enjoy the ride guys both in Greyton and Searles.

I am sure they will be very busy during the Greyton Tour and I hope they make a packet. It must be a profit driven business too , even though you say that Searle's isn't a restaurant per se.

I hope you'll tell them to gear up for the hordes that will descend on them next weekend, so that they don't have to tell customers they didn't know they would be this busy.

I don't think there are too many people that are happy to wait 2 hours for their pizza.

For those that know the town, best place to get some local ice cold frosties? First prize is selection on offer, second is venue and third is service.

Thanks!

How did everyone's weekend and ride go? Had a lekker time, 5th lady home on Sat and 3rd lady home today. Yeh its not a race but short distance so had to give it gas.