Vintage Peugeot CFX-10 rebuild

wynandk

Hi guys. I was recently given a 1980 peugeot CFX-10 frameset by a friend to build myself a dayly commuter. I wonder if anybody has old parts they'd be willing to part with to get this build done? Age of the parts does not really matter. As long as I get the bike built for as cheap as possible.

For interest sake the brochure of the frame set:

http://cyclespeugeot.com/images/1981_CFX10_frameset.jpg

Is there by any chance someone willing to part with a set of old 700c wheels that I can put an 8 speed cassette on for R500 in Cape Town?

Edit: Bought a set of wheels from Gauteng, Should be ariving today.

• 2 weeks later...

As an experiment I put an old MTB crankset (SR Suntour XR-11) on the frame. Will be trying the rear and front derailleurs too, since it's a 3x7 bicycle and the wheel set I got also has a 7 speed cassette on.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. Got the bicycle running so long with the suntour crank and 105 derailleur and brakes.

Also found a set of mavic rims paired with Shimano 600 hubs and a 7 speed shimano casette.

Next upgrade would be a different handlebar/stem combination. I've already ordered a stem adaptor from ebay.

Also on the cards. Aero brake levers and Shimano 105 cranks set.

Has anyone had dealings with Cape Powder Coatings (especially for bicycles)?

Got what sounds like a good price for a white coat on my frame and fork. Just want to know about the quality of work.

Archived